Chapter 1: Us

Hi, thank you so much for reading my first story I posted on Wattpad!

Just a few things before reading:

Bold: Author's note.

Italics: Texts and dreams.

Oh yeah and this is an AU, it's not reality. So, don't get triggered if any of the information is not the same.

Yeah and that's it from me!

Adios!

Mark's P.O.V:

I lay in my bed, looking at the ceiling. I know my ceiling just as well as my own face. The familiar ceiling fan, a crack and a mysterious mark that I have no idea how it came to be.

I sigh, I roll over grabbing my phone that's on my pillow. I got a text. From Sean? Ugh, what does he want, I think.

Sean

S: Hey

M: What?

S: I just wanted to see how my ex was.

M: Leave me alone.

S: Why?

M: Just go play with your new boy toy, Felix.

S: Oh, come on.

You're such a whiny bitch.

M: Shut up, douchebag.

S: Ha!

You're such a wimp.

I hate him! I hate him so much... I hate Felix, I hate myself. Sean's right, I am such a wimp. I accidentally throw my phone off the bed, in rage.

Oh fuck! I hear loud footsteps thundering up the steps. My door swings open, revealing Delilah in the door frame. I look at my phone and then at Delilah.

She walks towards my bed and before I can jump off, she grabs my collar. I wriggle free and I land on the bed, "Your ignorant little wuss!" She growls, I cower in fear, I shield myself and she sneers. "Next time, it'll be worse." She grins as she walks out of my room, closing the door.

Warm tears roll down my cheeks, I sob silently. I close my eyes and I grit my teeth. It hurts so much to be screamed at...

After sobbing on the ground, I gather my strength and I slowly make my way to the bathroom. I want this Hell to end, I want to stop... I grab my face, look at me. So pathetic, I cry, and I cry, I can't stop. I just can't... "Get yourself together!" I say out loud. I drop to the floor, sobbing.

I get ready for bed, no dinner for me I guess. I slip under the bed sheets. I look at my ceiling again, why do I do this? Burying your issues isn't the always the answer, Mark. I close my eyes, rolling on to my back. I spread myself out like a star. I sigh, stretching. Falling asleep hours later.

Ethan's P.O.V:

I get up out of bed, I rub my eyes and I stretch. I guess I am the first to wake up, I look around the room. Never mind, of course, Jackie is awake. She's writing in her diary, I walk to her and I tap on her shoulder, she lets out a small shriek. I laugh, "Ethan!" She smiles "Why you up so early?". I shrug, "I couldn't sleep I guess." I stare at the wall, Jackie snaps her fingers "Ethan, are you ok?" I nod, "I just... don't want to go to school." Jackie laughs, "You need the education, doofus!" she rubs my back, "Now get ready!". I smile at her, walking to the bathroom.