Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The sky was still dark when we got up in the morning. Cam and Max packed up the bags and let us girls sleep, which was nice for once.

I opened my eyes and saw Mikey standing over me.

"Can I help you?" I wiped the sleep away from my eyes and stretched out my arms.

"It's like 5am we have to get going."

"Five more minutes mom." I swallowed and closed my eyes again.

"Now." He said seriously and gently kicked my arm.

"Fine. Fine." I sat up and stretched out again.

"Better tell your boyfriends we're leaving." Camillus joked.

"I'll find them."

I walked out of the room to the teacher's lounge. My legs were still tired and I really needed to go to the bathroom. I found the teacher's lounge but the door was locked. I looked inside and only saw Sam laying on the floor.

I turned around and went to the bathroom. Surprisingly the toilet still flushed. It was the first working toilet I've seen in months. I looked around for Quinn but didn't see him anywhere. I went into the cafeteria and he was coming out of the kitchen.

"Quinn!" I smiled and ran up to him.

"Not Charlotte!" He yelled back.

"What are you doing up this early?"

"I could be asking you the same question." He smirked and rubbed my arm.

"We're getting ready to leave. Your turn." I laughed and poked his chest.

"I like to walk around in the morning and clear my mind."

"Well, I just wanted you to know that we're leaving in a few, and it was nice meeting you." I was sad to say goodbye to him because I actually started to like him.

"I wish you could stay longer. You were the first people to come here and be nice." Quinn sighed and I felt a terrible knot in my stomach.

"Stay right here."

I ran down the hall back to our room to talk to Cam.

"Cam!"

"What?"

"How much food do we have?"

"Enough? Why?" He raised his eyebrow and stopped what he was doing.

"Cause 2 new members are joining our group." I smiled and tried to leave quickly enough that he couldn't say anything.

"Absolutely not."

"But why? They have great skills and they have food. Please they are so alone here. They need somebody." I walked into the room and stood in front of Cam.

"Ok but we need to think for ourselves and keep ourselves alive and not worry about other people. It will be so much harder with another two people to feed and take care of." He stuffed a blanket into the bottom of his bag and handed me another one to fold.

"Please Cam. We need fresh faces in the group. Something new to talk about. They can help us I promise. I'll take care of them. It's on me. Please." I was begging by now and I knew he could see it. He nodded his head and mumbled, "fine."

I ran out of the door and saw Quinn still standing at the end of the hall.

"Quinn!"

"Didn't we already do this Not Charlotte?" He smiled the cocky grin and I smiled back.