Audition (Chapter 1)

"Come on Zayn, you'll do fine." I encourage my nervous friend as we stand backstage waiting frantically for his turn.

"I'm afraid I'll mess up." He says, voice wavering out of nervousness as he chews away at his thumb nail.

Zayn was always so passionate about music, and once he told me that he was thinking about auditioning for the X-Factor, I was more supportive of him than I have ever been. I mean, of course I would support him, he has been my best friend sense the beginning of 3rd grade and here he was, waiting to peruse his dream in becoming a musician.

"Alright time to get out there." The man from the backstage crew assures Zayn handing him the microphone. Zayn takes the microphone from the mans hand and looks over at me hesitantly.

"You'll do fine." I promise him, and with that, he takes one last deep exhale and makes his way out to the awaiting red "X"

Hello what's your name?" Simon asks Zayn in a not so friendly tone.

"My name is Zayn." Zayn says softly out of pure anxiety.

"And what are you going to sing?" Simon asks awaiting Zayn's response.

"I'm going to sing Mario: let me love you." He tells the judges.

"Alright whenever you're ready." Simon says and all the judges wait for the track to play. I look at Zayn as he starts singing. Zayn sings for about 30 seconds until Simon stops him in the middle signaling that they were ready to judge.

He looks over at me and I could see the panic in his dark brown eyes. I give him a smile just to let him know that I was there for him and that it was going to be alright.

"Louis yes or no." Simon says writing something down on a piece of paper, not looking to interested. He had thousands of clients and Zayn was just one more person on the list.

"Yes." Louis responds looking at Zayn

"Nicole?" Simon asks looking over at her

"Yes." She responds and a smile begins to appear on both of me and Zayn's faces.

"Alright a yes from me, you have three yeses." Simon says.

"Thank you." Zayn says trying to contain his excitement in front of everyone. He makes his way over to me backstage with a huge grin on his face and I smile back at him. He envelopes me in a hug and I giggle a bit.

"I told you that you could do it." I laugh looking up him and he smiles back at me.

"I know thank you." He says and kisses the top of my head.