Chapter 9

"What is going on in here." One of the police men say, the other two applying hand cuffs to both Gabe and Zayn. None of them respond, too scared of what was about to happen next. I stood motionless on the top step watching as 2 police men walk Zayn and Gabe outside to have them sit on the front step.

"Do you have any idea of what went on here?" One of the officers asks me.

"Please don't take him, he was only trying to help me." I plead trying to hold back my tears. I could care less if they took Gabe, my feelings for him all the sudden disappearing, I wanted Zayn and that was final. The police lead me out to where Zayn and Gabe were sitting. I stand in the door way and their full attention was on the officer interrogating them.

"How old are you." One of them asks Gabe.

"Eighteen." He responds and then the police man turns back to Zayn.

"And you?" The man asks Zayn.

"Seventeen." He mumbles playing with a loose string on his sweatshirt. The police turn to each other like something was wrong.

"We can't take the kid." The man says signaling for Gabe to get up so they could put him into the cop car. Zayn had a face of complete relief.

"What's your mums number? We need to call her and let her know that you were involved in this and then you will be free to go, but just know that if this ever happens again then you will be arrested and taken to jail." The officer says making it clear just so Zayn knew. He takes the handcuffs off of Zayn and dials his mother. I take a seat on the concrete step not being able to stand any longer.

"Sit next to your friend." The cop says handing Zayn the phone after he tells his mother what just had happened. I could here him getting scolded as he kicked the loose gravel from beneath his feet just wanting the conversation to end. Zayn finally hangs up the phone and hands it back to the officer. He turns to me and sighs out of relief.

We soon make our way back inside and Zayn shuts the door, his arms instantly finding their way around my body pulling me close into his chest. The room was completely silent, no words spoken as the car finally drove away with Gabe inside and the slight sound of breathing was the only noise that filled the room.

"You lucked out big time." I say finally breaking the silence. His cheek was rested on the top of my head, and I knew that he was completely exhausted.

"I know.." He chuckles a bit and I pull away so that I could look at him, his dark eyes looking back at mine. He gives me a slight smile and I do the same.

"We should go to bed." He chuckles, picking me up playfully and walking up the stairs. We reach the bedroom and he finally sets me down to where I could walk over to the bed and lay down. He laid his body next to me and pulled me close to him, both of us watching some tv show on nickelodeon we weren't really paying attention to.

"Thank you for standing up for me." I finally say looking up at him, a slow smile making its way to his flawless face.

"I'd do absolutely anything for you." He whispers kissing my head, and before I knew it we were both slowly drifting off to sleep again, but this time peacefully.