xcix. To The Girl Who Had Too Many Insecurities

|092818|

        I know you have never been too proud nor comfortable in your own skin. You tried to cover up every flaw and every blemish and every scar. You don't weae shorts because your legs are not that long. You don't wear dresses because it would make you look like a filthy rag doll. You don't even try to put on make-up for you would only look like a clown. You tried to blend in so hard just so those mean girls won't notice, but they do anyway.

       You have your own bullies. Sometimes they just show up from nowhere. Like smoke and mist and hale, they break you. And you inhale their coldness, because they have left you no choice. Sometimes you are confused if they mean it or not. Sometimes they say sorry but oftentimes they don't.

       Of course, why would they say sorry about laughing at your old sneakers? Or for laughing at your new hairstyle whom you think was cool. They are like magical fairies--- just the worst kind. They turn something you're proud of into something that needs to be hidden. Like that birthmark that didn't matter right after they started laughing their faces off about it.

       It hurts, right? I don't know why girls pick on girls just because they want to. Bullying was never a thing about weakness. It's about those people who always make others feel inferior. And trust me girl, it's okay to cry. It has always been alright to cry. It was weakness in its true form but really, it portrays bravery. It shows how you can be so brave of letting these emotions that was choking you out.

       Insecurity was slowly creating a loophole in your life. I'm not saying you shouldn't be, but I think you shouldn't worry too much. We are all still in the process of growing up and finding ourselves. We don't just get to live with all these insecurities all at once. But still, you shouldn't spend your life living with insecurities. Step out of your shell and let the world know you. Embrace those imperfections and flaws you're trying to hide. Live with it because it's life!

       I know it's too much to ask of you, but honey please do shake it all off. I know what it feels like.