chapter 9

Boruto's pov
I look at the message engraved inside the silver ring 'I'll always be there, Mrs. Uzumaki dattebasa! -Boruto'

Ya' know, it has always came to me that what if I hadn't got together with Sarada 4 years ago? Will I still be sad right now? Have I settled down? Will I have a family and be happy? I don't know

I closed my eyes and fall in a deep sleep.

I then wake up to the sound of my phone ringing.

I looked to my side and saw Sarada still sleeping while being cuddled up against me.

I groaned then picked my phone up.

"Hey, what's up with waking me up at 1am?" I asked.

"Boruto this is Kaneki-sensei, Sasuke-san wanted me to ask what is going on with the mission.

"The mission? Oh yeah. You just woke me up and thanks cause we need to start our shift now" I answered and I heard a sigh from the white haired male from the other side.

"That's great. Listen as estimated by Levi-san you'll arrive in Konoha by 3 days. Make sure none of the shipments are damaged, stolen or misplaced...you know how dangerous that will be, right?" He said strictly.

"*sigh* Yeah Kaneki-sensei, I'll see you when I get back and say hi to Touka-san for me" I said through the phone.

"Yeah, I'll let Touka-chan know. Good night" He hanged up and I put my phone back in my pocket.

I tapped Sarada's shoulder to wake her up, she opened her eyes and smiled at me.

"Is it time?" She asked and sat up looking at her phone in the process.

"Yeah, let's go" I said and we ran out if our rooms with rifles strapped to our backs.

I ran to the north side of the boat while she went to the south side.

I used the elevator to get to the rooftop and sat on a chair beside the railings.

I placed the M12 carbine down, leaning it against the railings, waiting for someone to shoot.

Then I saw something black come out the shadows, it was a man and it pointed a gun at me.

I pulled the trigger on the carbine and shot the man, he dropped dead and more came but sprinted to the south side.

"Shit! She won't see them coming! Sarada!" I yelled and left my carbine and ran to the south side only with the guns strapped to my back.