Prologue

I paced around the room. Waiting for him to tell me it was clear to come down. I was packing my phone and earphones into my backpack; my book already pre-packed. I quickly shoved on my shoes when I heard the beep of my phone indicating a message. I hastily pulled out my phone.

 I hastily pulled out my phone

I sighed. I thought it would be him but I guess not. I considered the invitation and sent a text back of me accepting with the question of movie marathon with Derek and Jane. I was answered back with a simple sure. I milled about in my room before hearing another beep. Once the message appeared on my phone, a small smile played on my lips and I whispered finally. I made my way towards my bedroom door, placing my ear against the wood; making sure no one was around to hear the annoying click of the lock.

 I made my way towards my bedroom door, placing my ear against the wood; making sure no one was around to hear the annoying click of the lock

I hit send on my phone before shoving on my jacket then my backpack and quickly scoured my room for anything else I might need. I carefully lifted the window whose view was obscured by a large tree with enough branches to make a staircase. I skillfully, through practice of course placed one foot onto the closest branch before the other and making my way down. I remember when I was younger and just moving in. I had run to every window to see the view. I had been satisfied with every view I came to see of the other two windows inside of the room but when I saw the big ugly tree, I ran into my brother, James' bedroom and check to see if his view was better. Being nine at the time, meant being the best:  the best clothes, best games, and the best room. I was like a mini-Sharpay. Obviously I didn't win the argument and had to stick to the room I ran into first. Now I couldn't help being a little thankful my family didn't put up with my spoilt and childish ways. If only they knew how I would use it now.

Once I reached the grass in between the house next to ours, I cautiously walked to the road. Luckily I had made it without a sound loud enough to wake anyone asleep around this time. I looked right to check if his truck was parked ahead. When I spotted the white pickup, I stepped onto the concrete of the road quickly checking if anything was coming before I crossed over diagonally towards the familiar vehicle.  Having made it over to the truck without being spotted, I did a little victory dance. I walked around the back to get to the passenger seat but when I looked into the car, no one was sitting in the driver's seat. I stood back and looked around but I didn't see as much as a movement. Knowing him he was probably wearing dark clothing in order to blend into the night easily. Just as I moved back I heard the distinctive crunch of grass being stepped on and swiftly turned around. Nothing. I was starting to worry and panic then before I knew it a hand was over my mouth and an arm around my own keeping me still. I noticed I wasn't feeling the wind on my back but a warm, solid something. Before I could scream and break away from the persons grasp, I was released.

"Boo."