Ep. 13

-Bae Jinyoung-

I woke up later than Daehwi now, I couldn't sleep peacefully last night. Not when Daehwi was about to send me back. He doesn't know anything about what can happen to me. Daehwi was already outside eating while conversing with Minhyun happily. I know years will pass and Daehwi will have a dream job soon. I already changed into formal suit, I only grabbed a water bottle then bid a goodbye to them real quick.

I have to meet up someone today, I found Jihoon wandering around like a normal mortal. He must've spotted me, he came down my direction. We were walking the opposite way, he slipped something into my hands then continued walking. I looked back at him till his figure blends with the surrounding crowd. I looked at the note he gave me. It had Daehwi's name on it, it also had the time of death listed on it. It noticed the time was from last night from my incident. Knowing his life is going to be in danger soon in the future, I must protect him.

I arrived in front of the bookstore, it was dark inside and sign was shown closed. I didn't care if it was close, I entered the store without any problem. I went through an one side and noticed one light was still lit in the back. I went towards it and I heard voices of an elderly woman. I turned and noticed my surrounding. The book shelves were moving on it's own and revealed the woman on the other side. I looked at her with no sight of fear.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" It was her, the one I need to talk to.

Another reason why I got to this stupid book shack.

"I'll let you know, the bride of yours."

"And what about him?"

"You can't keep him saved. There will be a time where you can't be there to save him." She said.

"Bullshit. What are you huh? I know you were just a damn elder woman at the bridge." I shouted at her.

"I'm not that important. I'm only here just to tell you the message." She responded.

I knock some stuff out of the shelves making a big mess. I glared at her for the last time then stormed out of the store. I went back home to grab Daehwi and walked to a nearby store. Woojin decided to pop up and come with us, we looked around before arriving at the store.

We exit the store each of us holding a small drink. I've already finished mines so it was already thrown away. Woojin finished his and just left it there by the doorframe. Later on Daehwi finishes his and he thrown his away.

"Eh Jinyoung. How was that appointment with that crazy hag?" Woojin asked as we didn't move away from the store.

"Her little predictions are shitty. Daehwi won't be in danger, not at least when I'm around." I said.

-Lee Daehwi-

Listening to their conversation about this older woman talking predictions about me. I did feel weird in my stomach about what would happen in the future. Woojin then soon finally put on his hat which makes him invisible to mortals. Before Woojin can walked away, Jinyoung was shouting at him. At this point, Woojin ignored so Jinyoung had to grab his arm and make him stay.

"I swear Woojin, I will burn that stupid fucking hat of yours!" He shouted and a man came by walking the sidewalk staring at Jinyoung weirdly.

Jinyoung continued to shout at Woojin, and Woojin continued listening and being annoyed. I watched them converse while the man kept eyeing Jinyoung.

"I apologize.. haha.. my friend is high soo yeahh.." I said adding a awkward laugh.

The man gave me a understanding look then stare back at Jinyoung before running off. Seems like what Jinyoung been shouting really caught onto him. I decided to bring Jinyoung back home but he grabbed onto Woojin and bought him in too.

"And I thought you never wanted reapers to be in your damn house." Woojin said as Jinyoung went to the kitchen.

I sighed and head up to my room which is literally Jinyoung's room. Half of the bed was made, half of the room was so clean. Then you just see the other half being the complete opposite. I laid on the clean side since I did all that crazy cleaning session on this side. I rested my body and closed my eyes to drift into sleep. I then start hearing crashes from downstairs. I struck up from previous position. I got out of the room and ran towards the living room direction.

"Is that really the best you can do.?" Jinyoung said as the knives float behind him.

I watched from afar, both Woojin and Jinyoung had knives floating behind them. I covered my mouth then gasped within the cover. I hurried down the stairs but I was held back by Minhyun.

"Minhyun. Yah, let go!" I whisper shouted.

"No no no. We can't let you get hurt once this all starts." He said pulling me back.

I forced myself out of Minhyun's grip and ran towards Jinyoung. I wrapped my arms around his waist and tightened it. I can hear knives dropping after my action.

"Please.." I said softly. "Don't do this.."

"Da-Daehwi.." I heard Jinyoung said.

I hear footsteps from the other side started moving away. The front door can be heard being opened and closed shut. A breeze blow in on us, despite us being inside and away from the door, something doesn't feel right.

"Go with Minhyun okay? I can't risk you being harm.." He instructed me.

Even if I refused, I was dragged over to Minhyun. I watched him run out of the house while I'm standing here with Minhyun.

"What's going on Minhyun?" I asked.

"Someone had appeared and seeked to remove Jinyoung from this whole filthy world." Minhyun said with a blank expression.

"Hyung, please explain this whole bride and this person." I turned and pretty much pleaded.