VI

I walk over to the park and sit on the bench

I walk over to the park and sit on the bench. I cross my legs, sitting criss cross applesauce. I pull out my journal and phone. I watch the sky change into the baby blue. The bird's sing their song of peace and harmony as they begin to working on their daily tasks. I tap my journal while I look for the man. I admit that he has a fasicanting atmosphere to him. 

"You came once again." The man says once he sees me. "Stull curious to my statement yesterday?"

"Yes." I move over for him to sit down next to me. "You said that the events that occur here and in the world should not be documented why?"

"I have a question first, if you don't mind."

I sigh, he always ends up avoiding my questions with his own. "OK. Shoot."

"Why do you have that phone out if you are not even using it?"

"Because you never know when you'll get a message and to always be ready to take a photo."

"Then you know why I believe not to document everything." 

"What?"

"It's simple, little one." He smiles as he looks out into the water. "If you are so caught up in capture something you aren't open to the events at that time and moment. You see if you are so caught up with getting that photo with writing something down right after you cut down on the amount of memories you can make."

"Oh?" I graze into where he is staring. "I guess that makes since."

"Did you know?" I turn to notice he has wrinkles. "I live in a house on a street next to this children that play on the road. No one else is in the house except me and I am at peace with this fact. I used to have technology in my household but got rid of all of it. I have never been more at peace. Never more calm. I come here each day since my daughter gave birth and moved into Europe. She lives in Greece and she loves it. You remind me of her. Each day I come and notice how the children play and how their parents react.

"Have you noticed how you came here? You didn't have a reason to come here yet you did. You came here and got into the mystery of the man who sits on a bench. A man who watches everything pass by from dawn to dusk."

I turn out and look down at my phone, turning it off and closing my journal. I stick my pen in my bun. "Mm."