Living Room: Val

The fireplace was lit as Scott and I were sitting on the couch. Scott sighed. "Do you really think it was a good idea for him to stay?", he asked.

"Well, it's not like he was in any condition to do anything. Did you see his clothes?! It's like he.... came out of a bonfire...", I replied.

"I mean, I could've.... hm..." He trailed off. "You know, call an ambulance, maybe.. dropping him off near a hospital would've been better? I don't know, I just don't feel comfortable with a complete stranger ending up sleeping in our house is all..."

"Oh... honey...", I started off. "You're worried about the kids..."

"Of course I worried about the kids. He's sleeping right next to them, how can I not be?! What if he's faking, Val?"

I tried thinking of a solution that could calm Scott down. "We could stay here to make sure nothing happens if you're that worried...", I said, waiting for his reaction.

"...All night?", he asked, looking at me with a doubtful look.

"Of course all night! Come on, don't you want to spend time with me more?" Ever since Scott has been working on his successful game franchise, 'Five Nights at Freddy's', he's been drifting away from his sons, and me.

"You are done updating the site for the anniversary, so how about we just.. sit here in the living room, and watch some TV while keeping an eye on the kids?", I continued.

"I mean, uh..." He sighed again. "Sure." I was leaping for joy inside when he actually said yes to my request! Finally, we can spend quality time together!

"I guess... yeah, I guess we can do that. I... I just got to go make sure one more time nothing's wrong, alright? I'll be right back."

I didn't really want him to leave, but I gave in. "Heh... okay. I'll... just stay right here... but don't take too long! Heh, you worry too much!"

He smiled at me before walking out of the door leading to the hallway. But right after he left, the lights flickered, and I heard roaring. I gasped quietly.

"W-what was that?"

This was just the beginning cut scene before the gameplay to the living room, thought I should add it in.