i. storm of resistance

I"STORM OF RESISTANCE"

I
"STORM OF RESISTANCE"

     EVERYONE HAD gathered at the port, watching the jet in which Nick Burkhardt had been taken, flied off and away. The police light blinding whoever stood near as the group stared in disbelief. They had taken the Grimm. The royal family has snatched Nick right from underneath their noses and they were not able to stop it. All of them had been so concentrated on helping with a cure and stoping the spread of the disease that nobody stepped back to think if it could be something far more elaborated that a wesen simply trying to infect people and wreak havoc.

     Almost everyone was filled with shock and anger towards the situation, everyone except one, captain Sean Renard. His motives for shock varied from those of the others, he stared at the screen of his phone as the numbers appeared across. The contact was not saved in his phone but he immediately recognised the number. He was interrupted from answering as a furious Juliette slapped him across the face "Your family is responsible for this. I swear to God you better get him back" Juliette threatened.

     Sean was surprised at her reaction but he was impatient to answer the phone which kept vibrating, he needed to answer the call "I'll do everything in my power to keep Nick away from my family but I can't stop that plane" Sean answered and simply walked away. Unfortunately, when he looked back at the phone, the call had already been missed. Nonetheless he decided to call back, praying that she would answer. One ring, nothing. Two rings, still nothing. By the third ring without an answer he was ready to give up but a voice appeared.

     To his misfortune, what he heard was not a 'Hi' or a 'How you doing?', no, in the background he could only hear growls and screams. A fight. Immediately worry arose as he became the spectator of her fight. Gun shot after gun shot he grew more worrisome until one last shot was fired and it sounded as if the phone had fallen to the ground. Sean said nothing, he didn't know how to react. Within seconds there was some fumbling around and he finally heard her, barely though "Help me" a vague whisper made it through the call before it failed. The beeping driving Sean crazy, he had to know what had just happened and find a way to help her.

◊◊◊◊◊◊

     By the time Renard was done ordering Sebastian to kill his brother, the real reasons came through. Perhaps had he not heard her voice, her struggle, her pain, the soul reason to ordering the prince's death would be because of the foul play in getting the Grimm "What the hell happened?" Sean asked rather more angry than worried or curious. Sebastian simply remained silent, knowing in a second what Renard meant. He was unsure of wether or not to answer the royal bastard, it was a very delicate topic after all, the only matter that Renard selflessly cared about.

     "When I ask you something, I expect an answer. What the hell happened?!" The captain slammed his hand against the wooden desk "How did they find her?" Renard questioned through gritted teeth "Someone has betrayed the Resistance. Only few people knew where she hid, we are currently looking for her and finding whoever it was that gave out the information of her whereabouts" Sebastian explained "Was she alone?" Sean didn't know wether to scream at Sebastian as if it was his fault, trash his office as if that would revert what had happened or cry his feelings out as if that would help finding her.