Chapter 20: Jasper & Jake

HOLY SHIT 2K VIEWS.

YOU ALL ARE AMAZING <3

••••••••••••••••••

JASPER POV

••••••••••••••••••

"The young female has Multiple gun shots to the shoulder and leg, brutally beaten, multiple stab wounds, concussion, and possible internal bleeding. Needs immediate surgery."

"The young male is brutally beaten, dehydrated, with a minor concussion."

Justin's riding next to me in the ambulance as they talk about our injuries, which makes me cringe. Over the past 5 minutes of them fussing and getting us into the vehicle, I've become very dizzy and lightheaded. The emergency guy told me that I lost a whole ton of blood and he's quite concerned about the fact that I'm not passed out yet. Or dead. Which, ya know, makes me feel kinda invincible, but then a wave of pain hits me and the idea goes out the window.

Harold and Diana were persistent and demanded that they come with us until our family is able to get to us, which they told us that the whole woods family is on their way to come here.

I feel relieved and excited but also nervous to see the Woods family, specifically Jake. I mean I'm ecstatic to see my big brother and everyone, but I told myself that if I got out of this alive that I would tell Jake that I'm hopelessly in love with him. That's gonna be a fun awkward talk.

My vision keeps going in and out and I cannot respond to anyone's questions. My voice just will not work and my hearing sucks right now. Justin keeps trying to talk to me and when I actually open my eyes I can see him crying hysterically and tugging on my arm. The EMS guy keeps trying to get him to stop but he's relentless and refuses.

I ended up having to keep my eyes closed because:

1. It takes way to much energy to keep them open

2. I see Justin and I completely covered in blood. Well, mostly my blood.

3. I'll start panicking if I see Justin freaking out so we're not gonna do that.

So I just keep my eyes closed. We arrived at the hospital and I open my eyes to find justin. I see a bunch of doctors and nurses surround me and start prodding and poking my body. I see them talking but I can't hear them so I start freaking out.

What is wrong with me?

I start thrashing around, well as much as I can, until a strike of pain courses through my body and I have to stop. I see justin struggling to get to me and I mouth 'I love you.'

He starts thrashing harder in the EMS's arms before mouthing it back to me.

I see him get put onto a hospital bed while I'm wheeled into the emergency surgery place or whatever it's called. Apparently possible internal bleeding is serious.

Yeah, that was a dumb joke.

A mask gets put over my head and I see IV's getting put into me even though I can't feel it, which freaks me out more.

The only thing I can hear is my heartbeat and even that's faint. This nurse keeps trying to talk to me but I keep shaking my head. It's like this haze has set over my vision so everything is dim and blurry and earplugs are shoved down my ears so I can't hear anything.

If I was in my normal state, I would have been basically terrified because I have a slight fear of needles. When I want to have a needle in me, say a tattoo or I if need morphine badly, I'll suck it up. But if I'm being forced to have a shot, I will do everything possible to not get it.