forty-three

johnny came, slowly, walking into the office of the motel, a limp ten perched on his back. when they got inside, johnny lowered ten into a chair and mumbled he was going to get their bags.

"your boyfriend is a sweet thing," the woman at the desk said, looking up from her newspaper, her eyes peeking from her pointed glasses.

she seemed to be mid forties and smelled of gingerbread. ten felt his cheeks burn and he smiled at her.

all in all, he was too tired to form a complete thought and just said "i know right."

johnny, who was outside, heard and smiled to himself. why'd ten have to be so cute in times like those?

after they'd checked into the room, the woman, who johnny found outs name was mrs. nakamoto, gave johnny a sly wink and a smirk.

the small motel room smelled of crisp sheets and lazy morning coffee. even though it was almost eight in the afternoon, johnny couldn't deny how appealing it smelled.

"man, im not tired anymore," ten said pouting. in all honesty he was slightly tired but he wanted to be drop dead pass out tired, which he was not,

"well i sure am," johnny said laughing. before the atmosphere could get quiet again, johnny announced he was going to take a shower.

and maybe it wasn't really on purpose that ten had piss only minutes later.