Chapter 3

LIAM POV

I still can't believe Niall is going to be roommate. I never thought I was gong to see him again in my life and now he's going to be my roommate but I can't think about that right now. I have a date with my girlfreind Danielle and I'm late which I'm sure she won't be too happy about. Ten minutes later, I pulled in to Dani's driveway. I sent her a text and told her I was outside. "You're late" she said as she got in the car. "I know, I'm sorry babe but I'll explain it all when we get to the restaurant". She just nodded in response and put her earphones on. The drive to the restaurant was about 20 minutes. Dani and I walked in and were greeted by a nice waitress.

"Hi is this a party for 2"? She asked smiling. I nodded and she led us to a table. Once we sat down and gave our orders, I looked up at Dani.

"So are you gonna tell me what caused you to be so late?" she asked.

"I met my new roommate today" I said while playing with my phone. "Does he seem cool?" she asked. I put my phone down and cleared my throat. "My roommate is Niall Horan". At that moment, Danielle dropped evrything and looked at me. "Isn't he that freak that fell in love with you years ago" she asked harshly. "He isn't a freak Danielle, and yeah he used to love me but that's all over now. He was probably just confused" At that moment, the waitress arrived with our food and drinks.

"Enjoy" she said with a smile as she walked off.

"So what makes you think he doesn't still love you? Because from what you told me, he really seemed to want you and I wouldn't be surprised if he still did." I took a sip of my drink and looked at Danielle. "Thats ridiculous babe. Niall doesn't like me like that anymore. He probably isn't even gay" Danielle just rolled her eyes and started eating her food. "All I know is, you better watch your back and sleep with one eye open" she said as she continued to eat. I just shrugged it off and continued to eat my meal.

NIALL POV

I sighed as I sat down on a random bench. I've been walking around campus just trying to think. So much has happened these last couple of days. I should be happy that Liam and I made up, but something is stopping me and I'm not sure what it is. Oh who am I kidding? He has a fucking girlfriend. That's what it is. It still amazes me that Liam could still make me feel this way after all these years. Before I knew it, tears started falling from my eyes.

"Hey are you ok?" I heard a voice ask me. I looked up to see a boy with curly hair and green eyes. He was very attrative. I sniffled and nodded my head. "I'm Harry. Harry Styles" he said as he sat down next to me. I smiled at him. "I'm Niall Horan" I said. We sat there in silence for a while before Harry spoke up. "So do you mind telling me what's got you so down?" he asked. I usually don't let my walls down so easily but with Harry, it felt like I could tell him anything. I know it sounds crazy since we literally just met but it just felt right so I told him everything. Everything from 8th grade all the way until now. Once I was done I took a deep breath and looked at Harry.

"Wow. I'm so sorry all that happened to you" he said. Seconds later, Harry's phone started riniging and he got up. "Hey I'm sorry Niall but I gotta get going. I'm sure I'll see you around campus though. Here's my number. I'm just a phone call or text away if you ever need someone to talk to". I smiled and thanked him. He then gave me a hug and walked off.

For the first time in a while, I actually feel happy.