Chapter 2

We were all in a daze. A girl just died right in front of our eyes. We are trapped in here for who knows how long. Wait, our phones! We can just call the police and they will get us out of here safely. I reached in my back pocket to get my phone, only to find it empty. Frantically I searched my other pockets, only to also find them empty.

" Um, hey guys. My name is Isabella and I'm sorry to have met under these circumstances but we need to get out of here. So do you guys have your phones? I have no idea what happend to mine but it has disappeared. " I said breaking the silence.

Everyone's face lit up with hope and realization that we might have a chance to actually get out of here. I watched as everyone searched every inch of their pockets and purses. The search went on for a good 15 minuets, but we discovered that everyone's phone was missing. Okay, now I'm really getting scared. Calling the police is out of the question. Wait, payphones!! There has to be some somewhere!

" Quick, someone give me some quarters or something! There has to be payphones around here. " I said frantically.

The elderly man I saw earlier spoke up, " Wait, you can't go by yourself and we need a plan first. We need groups,weapons, and rules.  Our lives are at risk, now is not the time to be running around with irrational thoughts. " The man spoke with authority and the way he looked screamed to respect him. He was tall, plump, gray hair,long gray beard and had wise eyes. For some reason, I think he should be the leader of this group.

" Now, it looks to be 20 of us. So we should split up evenly. We need the women to stay with the children and us men need to go find the scum that is doing this. " the elderly man said. Welp, he just lost a little of my respect with the idea that the women had to stay with the children.

" Woooah, hold up there, graps. We need to split up based on skill - not gender. I think one of the parents should stay with the children at all times. If not both the parents.. We need small groups ,so 5 to each group. " Lana said. Of course she would be the one to put this guy in his place.

The man stalked back over to, who I presume, his wife. Maybe he won't be a leader after all. We were soon back in silence again. Well isn't this just a load of donkey poop - looks like I'll have to be the leader.

" She's right. Okay how bout we go around say our names,age,and what skills we have. Then we will set the rules. I'll go first. My name is Isabella, as some of you may remember me saying earlier, and I am 17. I have no weapons, I'm decent at self defense, I can remain calm in bad situations, and I can run pretty fast. Okay next. " I said trying to sound calm,cool,and collected

I looked around and saw Matt gulp. He took a step forward and said, " My name is Matt and I am also 17. I have a pocketknife, I'm good at distracting, and I can hack into almost anything. "

We continued on through the group, saying our names, ages, and skills. We may not look like it, but I have to admit we are a pretty kickass group.

++++

" Rule number 1, Never go anywhere alone. Number 2, protect children at all costs. Number 3, tell group of any suspicious acts or any discoveries made. Number 4, be honest. Number 5, if confronted by the mystery man, act rationally not on impulse. Number 6, do anything and everything that will benefit the group. Failure to follow the rules, will result in death because you cannot be trusted. Only exception being rule number 5. " I told the group the rules. We spent a fairly long time making these rules and finally agreeing on these six.

Throughout the rule making, the elderly man, whose name is Dave, looked extremely suspicious. He looked as if he was holding something back. Yeah, I definitely don't trust him.