II

Its been two weeks since the truth was out,

Since Arnav-Khushi's marriage broke,

Since Dadi went back to the Ashram,

And since Shantivan held a painful silence true to its name.

The dining table which always witnessed their laughs and teases, was now witnessing the dreadful silence. Yes they all gathered to eat their food on the table except one person, the person who was working like a robot the whole day and would come home so tired that he wouldn't even know how and when he slept.

Arnav Singh Raizada, tried very hard to escape from the reality and emotions as always and surely he would succeed during the day, working like a maniac and not sparing even a single second. But the nights would betray him or rather the dreams would betray him. He only knew this way to come out of all that but all of that was pushing him into that zone again.

Anjali would forcefully make him eat the dinner and sometimes he would sleep in her lap, gaining the much needed peace. Only one drop of tear would dare to escape from his eyes every night and he would held back the others.

There was no doubt that he never blamed Khushi for all that was happening in his life. But the past demons were not allowing him to move on. Also a small part of him believed that Khushi deserved better, a better life partner who would not hurt her and make her suffer because of his past. But his possessiveness was too damn strong for accepting that.

Khushi's condition was no less. The only thing which kept her going was her faith and trust in her love. She wasn't worried about herself because she knew she has support of her family always, she was worried about her Arnav. Though he had all the support but he would not accept it.

She would pray every night to her Devi Maiya and cry in front of her to support and protect her Arnavji. But she didn't fall weak. She had to be strong because her Arnavji needed it. He was weak and the worst part is he would not accept it and it lot more difficult. Two weeks were like two decades for both of them.

How ironic that hate binded them and love is seperating them.

Arnav was getting ready for his office as usual. His breakfast was served in his room, which was half eaten. He was tieing his tie when he heard a knock. He quickly said 'Come in' thinking it must be HP, lifted his laptop bag and was about to leave when he saw the person standing in front of him.

"You" He said averting his eyes.

"Ji Saalesahab. I am sorry if I disturbed you but I want to talk about something important" Shyam stated awkwardly.

Yes everyone gave a second chance to Shyam and he was truly a changed man now. He shared the same relationship with everyone like before and they happily embraced it. But the conditions between Arnav and Shyam were not so good. Yes Arnav forgave him but didn't forget everything. He always kept an eye on Shyam and never actually talked with him except exchanging a word or few.

"Something about Di? Di and baby are fine right? Tell me why are u quiet dammit." Arnav said in a worrying and slightly angry tone.

The sudden questions of Arnav pulled Shyam out of his thoughts and he said "Calm down, Saale sahab. Rani saheba and Rajkumari, both are absolutely fine. There is nothing to worry about them. I am here to talk about you." He said the last line a bit hesitatingly.

"I don't need anyone to talk about myself. I am getting late for my office, shoot if there is something else." Arnav said quiet rudely.

Shyam sighed. He knew Arnav was a tough nut to crack, but he'll talk to him today no matter what.