Epilogue

Gupta house had always witnessed the chirpiness and craziness of Khushi. Her smile, pranks and her selfless nature was the reason the house was alive. But for the past 15 days the whole scenario had changed. Khushi was no more the same childish one. She became quite and followed the same routine everyday like a robot. She used to answer and talk in monosyllables.  She never forgot to go to Mandir and cry her heart out in front of her favourite Goddess. No doubt she had all the faith in her love but also an unknown fear had gripped her heart which would grow with each passing day.

Garima was no better. Despite of Khushi, explaining her and making her understand that it wasn't her fault but she was adamant to blame herself. First few days she locked herself in the room. It was Shashi's bad health which made her come out. She apologized to everyone, especially Khushi, that too everyday.

It was the same silence prevailing in the house. Buaji was reading the holy book Geeta to Shashi. Garima and Khushi were in the kitchen preparing for lunch. Just then there was a knock on the door.

"Aaye rahe hai NandKishore kaun hai" {Yes I am coming God who is it?} She shouted while walking towards the door. She opened it and was beyond shocked when she saw the person standing at the door.

She didn't expect Arnav obviously but more shocking was the way he looked, completely different, like a teenager.

Arnav bent down and touched her feet making her come out of her shock. He smiled at her and she blessed him smiling back.

"Main andar aa sakta hoon?" {Can I come in?} Arnav asked a bit hesitatingly looking at her face because he knew the sudden change in him would be hard to digest.

"Yes yes Babua, Come in." She managed to say.

Khushi was making puri in the kitchen when suddenly her heartbeats raised Dhak Dhak. Is he here? Her eyes went wide at the mere thought. She quickly put off the stove and ran outside to find Arnav taking her father's blessings.

She saw him and her eyes welled up. Tears of happiness rolled down her cheeks and she just stared at him like a statue. She was shocked but happy too because she knew her love has definitely won today.

Zindagi leke aayi hai, bite din ki kitaab

Chhede hai ab hame Yaadien behisaab.

Bina puchhe mile mujhe kitne saare jawaab....

Arnav stood straight after taking blessings and thats when he saw a shocked and crying Khushi, some distance away from him. Tears brimmed in his eyes and he stared her equally happy. It felt as if their hearts started beating again.

Chaha tha kya paya hai kya Hamne dekhiye,

Dil me magar jalte rahe Chahat ke diye.

"Khushi" He said huskily, less of calling her and more of making his ownself believe that she was right in front of him.

Khushi's trance broke. She ran and hugged him ever so tightly to never let him go again. Arnav stumbled back a step due to the force but he hugged her more tightly. They didn't care about the surroundings, they only cared about each other now. That empty space in their heart finally got filled with peace and much needed love from the other side.

Buaji took Shashi to other room and gave them much needed privacy.

Both were crying and rubbing each other's back trying to feel each other, not getting enough of it. They didn't know for how long they remained like this. After sometime Khushi opened her eyes and tried to break the hug "Arnavji" she whispered.

"Thodi der aur please, please Khushi" He pleaded, still not opening his eyes, trying to vent out the immense feelings in this one hug.

After listening to what he said she hugged him more tightly and snuggled more into his shoulders making soothing circles on his back. This was much needed but not enough to heal the pain they had experienced.