Inspiration [ChaeYu]

A/N: My theory exam is finally over yasss.

I have the MiChaeng part 2 saved as draft but I'm not publishing it. :)))

Just a random one shot to prove that I'm not dead yet and also an exploration of new ships.

In a secluded spot of a busy café sat a girl by the name of Chaeyoung engrossed in her book.

"May I sit here?" A gentle voice interrupted Chaeyoung.

She looked up to see a girl smiling down at her.

"S-sure."

She watched as the girl set her beverage on the table and settle down into the seat across her.

After a few seconds of staring at the girl, she diverted her attention back to her book.

Hours later, the sky had turned dark and people were leaving one by one.

Chaeyoung had finished the book. She set it on the table and looked up to see the girl sharing table with her looking back at her.

"You finished the book?" The girl asked.

Has she been drinking that coffee and only doing that this entire time?

"Yeah. It's a nice book."

"I know. I've read it before."

"You have?" Chaeyoung suddenly sounded interested.

The girl just nodded.

"I hope the author writes a sequel to this one. It's really nice but it seems to be missing an ending." Chaeyoung spoke her mind.

"I'm afraid she's not intending to do so."

"Why so?"

"She ran out of inspirations."

Chaeyoung frowned.

"I highly doubt this romance book writer has experienced love herself. And I assure you, my assumptions are often correct."

She stopped and saw Chaeyoung blinking at her and laughed.

"Don't mind me. That's just my wild guess."

Chaeyoung decided to let it pass and tried to continue the conversation.

"Well, do you like the author?"

"Yes. I guess." She replied with an unreadable expression.

"Me too! I wonder what it takes for her to get the inspirations for this book." Chaeyoung responded, recalling what the girl had said about running out of inspirations for the author.

"An afternoon accompanied with a cup of coffee. Sometimes a short interact with people she finds interesting." Chaeyoung heard the other girl answer.

Chaeyoung laughed thinking that it was the latter's humour.

"I sure hope I meet this 'coffeeholic' author someday and maybe even get her autograph." Chaeyoung mentally praised herself for successfully going with the flow and saying something she thought of to be funny.

"What if you've already met her, and you are this interesting person she came across?"

Chaeyoung looked at her, dumbfounded.

The girl smiled at that and took the chance to slide the book out of Chaeyoung's grasp and scribble something on the cover page before handing it back to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung looked at the book cover and saw a signature at the bottom of it.

"You are-"

"I am Chou Tzuyu. The author of this book."

Chaeyoung gasped.

"And if you don't mind, I hope you can be the inspiration to my sequel."