Fake Hope 3 [DubChaeng]

A/N: Umm...I'm sorry.

Dahyun was sitting by Chaeyoung's bed, looking down at her with gentle gaze.

"Dahyun..." Chaeyoung mumbled.

Dahyun hummed.

"Why are you so nice to me?"

Dahyun tensed up. Then laughed. A dry laugh.

"We're good friends, silly. I care for you."

"Dahyun," Chaeyoung frowned, "Why won't you tell me the truth?"

Dahyun sighed and leaned down, her hand went over to Chaeyoung's pale cheeks and caressed it softly. She shifted, till her head was hovering above Chaeyoung's and lowered it before hesitantly planting a kiss on the younger's forehead.

"I love you."

Silence.

"I know." Chaeyoung's voice trembled.

Tears welled up in Dahyun's eyes, threatening to fall out any moment.

"If you know, then why do you do this to me? You must know it hurts me so much to see you so deeply in love with another woman." She croaked, then twitched in anger at the unpleasant thought of Mina, "Not to mention of how unworthy she was of it."

Chaeyoung looked away in guilt.

"Because I'm selfish." Chaeyoung admitted, "Because, I don't want to loose you. As a friend."

Dahyun scoffed.

"You must have thought very lowly of me. I would never leave you just because you can't return my love for you."

"I know, I'm sorry...I was just scared." Chaeyoung sobbed and timidly asked, "Do you hate me now?"

Dahyun's gaze softened.

She shouldn't be blaming this girl. She must have been deeply hurt, to be so insecure.

"Of course not. I was just...upset you would think of me like that." She hugged the sobbing girl.

She felt the latter hugging her back and crying louder, melting into her embrace and turning into a sobbing mess, soaking her shirt.

Dahyun patted her gently and whispered reassuring words into her ears.

Eventually, Chaeyoung calmed down and started sniffling against Dahyun as an aftermath of the cryings.

"I can feel your heartbeat accelerating." Chaeyoung stated.

Dahyun chuckled and pulled out of the embrace.

"Because you're so cute sniffling like that." Dahyun boldly admitted and pinched the latter's nose.

"Now, as much as I would like to stay here, I have to go home and take a rest now, I'll be here again next morning." Dahyun stood up for her leave.

She stopped by the door and looked at Chaeyoung again.

"Call me if you need anything."

Chaeyoung smiled and nodded.

Chaeyoung then frowned. She clutched onto her own chest where her heart would be and let out a gasp.

Wasn't it her own heart beating?