-Transgression of the heart -

"What took you so long?" Alice asked as she opened the front door.

Emma stood there not knowing what to say. If she told her she was wondering around the neighborhood to sit there and think about all those moments, Alice would have been more worried.

"I, I was stuck in traffic." Emma said as she made my way in.

Emma could feel her uncertainty, she knew that Emma was lying to her face and she knew that she did so to hide her pain away.

Alice said nothing and headed into the kitchen with the bag of groceries that she got herself knowing that Emma wouldn't have gotten them for her.

"You better not be thinking about useless stuff, how many times have I told you to forget about him, why the hell would you want to recall and destroy your own mind?" Alice said as she started the stove.

She smiled because she  didn't want Alice to think she was destroying her own mind, if she did ever admit Emma thought she  would make the worst friend in the world. She stood up and gave her bestie a big hug.

"There, there mom don't worry about me." Emma said as she patted Alice's back.

Alice looked a bit happy and that made Emma the happiest that she could ever be at that moment.

Emma sat on the kitchen counter and looked at the boiling water filled with two packets of instant ramyun.

/..

"Omg, do you know what happened today." Emma said as she reached for the bag of chips on the shelf.

"What?" Alice said as she scrolled through her phone.

"Mr. Park decided to send me on a business trip to France next week." She said as she looked at Alice.

Alice quickly put her phone down and said, "GURL!!! YOU'RE SO LUCKY!!! YEEEEKK!" She squeaked.

Emma giggled at her funny inhuman behaviour.

"So is Park going with you or is this a 'business trip'?" She said as she winked at Emma.

"God, there's nothing between him and I" Emma said as I jumped of the kitchen counter that unfortunately scared Ballo the cat away.

"Plus, he isn't my type." Emma continued as she walked to her room.

"Well tell me whose your type I'll set you on a blind date." Alice yelled as Emma closed her room door.

/..

The same sound of the ice cream man leaving the park could be heard from Emma's bedroom window.

Now the sky looked so dark but what made it light up today was the stars in the sky.

They looked beautiful, bright and shiny but what made them perfect was how they hid their actual side to them and showed mankind their beauty
as if they we're never burning inside.

/..

 She walked to the wooden cupboard Matthias built for me when her when Alice and her first moved in. She sat down beside it and took out an album. Inside contained a lot of things. Mostly postcards and pictures that William and her would send and some that had never been sent.

She opened the first page knowing that she might feel the knife in my heart again but she just liked to put herself in pain and so she did so.

'To the love of my life, Emma Lyle.'

It was a card from valentines. It's actually funny back then they would send postcards even though they had cellphones.

We preferred being old school cause that was how we showed appreciation towards each other. The official letter was burned last year the only thing that was left were the pictures.