Chapter 37

NOT EDITED.  

~Playlist for this chapter~
2002 - Acoustic version by Ed Sheeran and Anne Marie.

For all my Hindi Listeners: 
Khaabon ke parindey song- ZNMD 

****

A zap of thrill runs down my spine as I exit the house with little Supriya's hand fasten in mine

A zap of thrill runs down my spine as I exit the house with little Supriya's hand fasten in mine. Amidst the chaos of last moment wedding details and marshaling, I wasn't all that surprised when my mom thrust me with the responsibility of looking over all my small cousins and future generation of Mehta family. It is good that the other half of my family is yet to arrive.

Supriya waddles up to a bewildered Vivaan and hugs his legs. He stumbles behind from the surprise attack but smiles before engulfing her in a tight hug.

Gosh! He looks extra sexy with that kid in his arm.

I hit my head on the basin this morning I guess.

"At least you love my company, unlike someone," Vivaan mumbles to Supriya and the latter blinks, like seriously considering his words.

"Being a smartass won't earn a yes to your...proposal Mr.Arya." 

The last two days, since the 'confession night' as Vivaan likes to call it, were full of him trying to convince me to be his girlfriend and me rejecting his every try. I was a sadist bitch and a desperate and frustrated Vivaan was fun to talk with. But I couldn't deny the small voice nagging me at the back of my mind. I was scared shitless and the thought of entering another relationship and getting another massive heartbreak was enough to knock some sense into my lovestruck mind.

"Don't I know that-" He winks at me before sporting a wolfish grin "-but I've got a plan for it. I'll earn your yes before this day ends."

"You sound so sure of yourself."

"It's called confidence miss."

"Well, then I look forward to kicking you down a notch."

I smile as Supriya tugs Vivaan's hair with enough force to make the poor boy grimace visibly. He gently pries her hand away from his precious hair before Supriya juts out her tiny fist and lands a strong punch straight on his nose, catching him off guard. I laugh as the small girl huffs out loud before wiggling out of his grip and running free.