Chapter Ten

Author Note:
This chapter is going to be a flashback, to better understand what's going to happen in the next three chapters after this one. Flashback is not from anyone's point of view.

~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~

A few weeks after Elijah and Karmyn had sex, she met someone. He was two years older, and had expressed his interest in her several times. They were texting back and forth literally everyday.

D: C'mon Karmyn. Just one date.
K: Denver.. I said I'd think about it.
D: C'mon babe. please?
K: D. Fine. Yes. One date.
D: Wait really?
K: Yes. Really. 😘
D: fuck yes. i won't let you down babe. 😍😘
K: so much for just being friends for now. i really like you D. and i don't say that lightly.
D: i know babe. i really like you too. meet me in 10?
K: sure. what do u want me to wear?
D: well. i'd say nothing but that's moving too fast.
K: DENVER.
D: but something cute 😘
K: a dress? jeans? leggings? all my clothes are cute.
D: i just want u to be comfortable babe.
K: ok. i'll see u soon D. 😘

Karmyn went to her closet and searched endlessly for an outfit. She finally decided on this:

She finished getting ready and headed out the door

K: where r we meeting?
D: oh. i'm sitting outside ur house in my car 😘 i wasn't gonna make you walk babe.

Karmyn looked up and saw Denver leaning against his car and smiled. She glanced down and as she looked back up, she caught a glimpse of Elijah and Iriana outside his house. She quickly turned back to Denver and slightly bit her bottom lip. She walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"Hey.." Karmyn said, looking down.

"Hey yourself. You look beautiful." Denver replied, resting his hand on her hip.

"Th..thanks. You don't look so bad yourself." She glanced up and smiled at him.

"Thanks babe. God I really want to kiss you, you know that?" He smiled at her and brushed his other hand across her cheek.

"What's stopping you?" She asked, as she bit her lip. Denver pulled her closer by her hip and cupped her face with his other hand. Karmyn held her breath.

"I'm waiting for you to say you'll be my girlfriend." He said, as he dropped his hand from her face and let go of her hip.

"Oh. Well.. maybe I'm ready to give you my answer.. but first, you owe me a date." she replied, biting her lip and smiling.

"Well goddamn. I've been waiting for an answer for two weeks." He said, as he opened the door for her.

"Thanks D. I can give you the answer now if you want." she replied, as she got in his car. He shut the door and got in the driver side. He looked at her and smiled. "Obviously I was going to say yes."