Chapter 5: Dull Mission

It is a Thursday, yes. Late April. I'm on this immensely scene of beach. Sandy, my sweetheart speedboat, with leather seat. There's Matt, holding a honey butter pops. Then, another scene flashes along, I'm losing control of the board. Salt water's filling my nozzle. I scan the wide though the waves will put all of this to an end. There I found Matt, hardly grimming to remain above water.

        We're 15 meter away with each other, and my last breathes will cape only ten seconds. I'm running out of oxygen and conciousness. When Matt totally drown off, no sign of him above. There I found myself heedless.

'Please please please listen. Matt, I'm sorry." The last words ripped out as I bound from the couch.

     Set of throbs and pants and gasps. Dad emerges next.

      A moment to slacken myself out of gruesome, he recline beside the couch. Tucked end of his suit and glance for time. He beams half.

      "You are... Brave, son." Earlier half became a full smile. And said I'm brave because I woke up from nightmares. That's a good argument, according to him.

       "You think? I'm juvenile." I let Matt drowned. I woke up and I wish I can sleep forever.

       "There's a right time I'll say things to you." He said hooking up his suitcase behind his shoulder. He proceed to the door.

"Remember the right time, son." And closed.

       From then,  I moved myselft out of torpid by taking a cold night shower. I mentally lock the memory away and grab the dull hood off the metal hook. I slide my arms into familiar sleeves, checking my reflection at the mirror.

      While dealing with hair waxes, the interconnection rings... followed by assistant declaring for head's command meeting. As I said, Dad's a great man with richness and civility. He's the Head of this home—company.

"Geniston, Johans, Russ, Leandro... Proceed to the Concordance Room for a private dinner with Mr. Adam. And bring yourselves in just a minute.Timeliness for the sake of productivity." This assistant someways a time avid.

    The concordance's on the ground floor, my place's on tenth. What a huge company house this is.

After we had a meaty dinner. Dad gave me a lame image card of a strange girl and so they are. It was a whole body stolen picture with a school gate background. She was wearing a small, narrow, all dark hoodie. She's in a grey skinny candy pants and her neck's covered with loose curls. Yet, her face's still apparent. She was holding a midsize beach sunset imprinted skateboard on her right arms. Her white scleras and amber eyes were looking at nowhere. She's not tall nor small, an average. And looked very tired. I didn't understand the point of this picture, but Dad pressed it on the screen anyway, smiling.

"Who's this girl?" Nate took up first, it's another mission for us four.

       This is what we do for years of training to be a good detective. We dealt with actual crime investigations despite our young age.  Maybe, it's another browse.

        And the four of us shifted straight when, "She's my daughter." Dad crack up seeing his four son being jolted up.

"Wait, you have one?" Louie's in query, and so I am. I thought she's just another business related with kidnapping or currently missing.

"Sure he is, he's one of a kind." Clair stated to concede and of course to complement Dad but still he's disputing in.

"Where is she? " I asked, even if it is definitely obvious, we should find out.

"That's for all of you to find out."