1

SARAH

My family has known the Davis' since before we were even born.

My mom got pregnant with me a little after Lori, the boys' mom, found out she was pregnant with them.

Ever since I was little, I've been closer to Ethan. For some reason Grayson has always been shy around me.

Well, around everyone really.

The Davis' and I also live in the same neighborhood, so we're always biking over to each others houses.

Today is my turn to bike to Ethan's house.

It's not that long of a ride, and I like the fresh air.

As I got to Ethan's house I propped my bike up and knocked on the door.

"Hey!" Ethan answered.

"Hey!" I smiled.

As I walk in I see Grayson sitting on the couch watching TV, scrolling through his phone.

"Hey Gray!" I attempt to talk to him.

He just slightly nods and continues to look at his phone.

But it's okay, I'm used to it.

I follow Ethan, and we make our way to the kitchen.

"Want anything?" He opens the fridge.

"No, I'm good." I sit down at the table, pulling out my phone.

"So have any plans yet for the big 1-8?" He asks, starting to make a sandwich.

"I don't think I'm gonna do anything big, it's not that big of a deal."

Ethan drops his knife on the counter in shock of what I just said, and looks at me wide eyed.

"Not a big deal? Not a big deal!?" He's still in disbelief.

"Yea, its not like anyone would come."

"That's not true and you know it," Ethan sits down next to me. "It's your eighteenth birthday! I'm gonna throw you the biggest and best party you've had yet!" He gets excited.

"Ugh, fine." I glance over to Grayson, who's still on the couch. "Um, who would you invite?"

I know I'm used to it, but it kinda hurts when Gray doesn't talk to me, or even acknowledge me.

I've always kinda looked up to him. Even though he's shy, he's super sweet, and caring. Not to mention pretty cute.

"I'd invite everyone! I mean, unless there's someone you don't want me to invite."

"No, I'd love to have everyone there for my eighteenth birthday party." I slightly raise my voice trying to get the attention of Grayson.

Still nothing.

"Ethan! Can you come up here for a minute? I need your help with my computer." Lori called Ethan from upstairs.

"Coming!" He yells back. "Hey, I don't know how long this'll take, why don't you go watch TV with Gray?" He says as he runs up the stairs.

I get up from my seat and sit on the couch, one seat apart from Gray.

I try and distract myself with my phone but I keep glancing at him every few seconds.

I continue trying to distract myself and I hear Gray clear his throat.

I look at him.

Then all of the sudden he looks at me, but then shifts his eyes away quickly.

An awkward silence fills the room.

"I'm back!" Ethan says hurrying down the stairs. He hops over the couch in between me and Gray. "What are we watching?"

I was a little relieved. You could practically cut the tension with a knife.

I don't know why Grayson is like this. Why can't we just be friends? Like me and Ethan.

For the next hour or so we watched TV.

"Alright I'm bored." Ethan spoke up. "Wanna go to the mall?"

"Sure!" I replied.

As we were about to head out the door, Ethan stopped.

"Hey Gray, wanna come?" He asks.

Grayson looks up from his phone for the first time in what feels like forever.

"Sure." He finally speaks. "And we can take my car."

I've always wanted to ride in Grayson's car ever since he got it.

It was light blue and white Bronco, it was gorgeous.

"Shotgun!" I run to the car, hopping in.

"No fair!" Ethan whines.

I see Gray start chuckling. Wow, I don't see that too often.

Ethan hops in the back, Grayson in front, quickly putting back on his shy exterior.

I turn up the radio and start dancing like an idiot.

Ethan pulls out his phone and starts to film me.

"Hey!" I scream covering my face out of embarrassment.

I look up to see Grayson smiling again.

I could get used to that.