8

ETHAN

"I think I might have feelings for Grayson."

I felt like my jaw had just hit the floor, but I quickly snapped out of my trance.

"That's it?" I try to sound reassuring without freaking out.

"That's it? What do you mean that's it? I'm freaking out E!" She pauses for a second. "Why aren't you freaking out?" She turns to me.

"Uh-um," I'm scrambling to find something to say. "I am! Like woah! Gray? After 18 years?" I say a bit over the top, without realizing it.

"Ethan, why are you being weird now?"

"I'm not." I get defensive. "I'm just stressed out about your birthday party I guess. I want it to be your best ever, and I guess that's a lot of pressure." I try to cover up.

"Aw E, as long as my best friend is there, it would be the best party I could ask for." She reassures.

"Thanks, Sarah. Now, I have to get back to it, and you are going to be so surprised in two weeks!"

"Okay, well I'll leave you to it, and I'll find someone... else to hang out with."

I laughed, I knew what she meant.

I let out a sigh of relief as she left.

Great, now I'm keeping two big secrets!

From my best friend and now my brother.

SARAH

I'm actually really relieved on how Ethan acted towards the news.

It was weird actually.

You'd think he'd freak out a little more.

I mean, what if things do happen between me and Grayson? And what if things end badly?

Okay, now I'm freaking out more than I need to.

I'm just going to push these thoughts to the back of my head.

Why am I even thinking about this? Nothing has even happened yet.

Grayson barely likes me as a friend, let alone a girl friend.

I walked up to Grayson's door, and lightly knock.

"Who is it?" I hear him call.

"Sarah."

"Come on in."

I walk in to see him sitting in front of his piano, shirtless.

I can feel my cheeks turning red, but I ignore it, and take a seat on his bed.

"Hey." I break the silence.

"Hey." He says, still focused on his piano.

I look around the room that is filled with silence as Grayson concentrates on his music.

"You know, I can play the piano." I catch his attention.

"Really?"

"Yeah, let me show you." I gesture for him to get up, and we switch places.

As I sit down, I can feel Grayson's eyes on me.

As a joke, I start to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and me and Grayson laugh.

"Okay, that was obviously a joke, any song suggestions?"

He puts a finger over his mouth, thinking for a second.

"How about..."

He's interrupted by Ethan bursting into the room and tackling Grayson.

They immediately start play wrestling, tumbling off of the bed.