11

GRAYSON

"Sarah! Wait!" I call after Sarah, but she doesn't turn back.

She struggles to get through the thick crowd of people, but makes her way upstairs.

"Grayson, wait." A drunken Kate tries to persuade me.

"No, don't try to kiss me again. I didn't even want to kiss you." I break free from her grasp and make my way towards the stairs.

I walk up to a surprisingly empty hallway.

I start looking in the rooms, I need to find Sarah.

I look in my room, my parents room, but I still haven't checked Ethan's room.

As I walk toward his door, I see its open, but just a crack.

I peer through the hole to see Sarah.

Her eyes were glassy.

What have I done?

If only Kate hasn't kissed me, she was drunk and I should've told her to go home.

Being careful not to make a noise, I lean my head against the door frame.

A tear escapes my eye, as I see her bury her head into the pillow of Ethan's bed, crying even more.

But why is she so upset?

Does she maybe, have feelings for me?

I text Ethan, and tell him to come up, quick.

"What's up?"

"Shhh." I shush him. "I really messed up dude." I'm still whispering.

"What happened?"

"Sarah saw Kate kissing me."

"What?!" He whisper shouted. "So, she didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"Last time I checked, Sarah was going to tell you she liked you, dude!"

I put my head into my palm.

"Stay here. I'm going to go check on her."

As he walked into the room, I sat by the door, my head in my knees.

Tears of anger and sadness began to fall down my cheeks.

ETHAN

"Sarah?" I enter the room.

She looks up at me, her eyes are red and puffy from crying.

I rush to her side, immediately embracing her in a hug.

For a while, I just let her sit there, and cry into my chest.

"D-do you want to talk about it?" I say, knowing Grayson is outside, probably listening.

"It's Grayson. I thought, I thought-" She couldn't finish the sentence without crying.

"It's okay, we don't have to talk about it."

"No." She says wiping away her tears. "I want to. You're my best friend, and even if he is your brother, I should be able to talk to you about him." I think she's started to calm down a bit.

"Okay..."

"Listen, I like Grayson, you know maybe even a little more than just like, but he obviously doesn't feel the same. I saw him kissing Kate. Right where he said he was." She explained.

"No, no, Grayson does like you. He does. And I am sure that he did not mean to kiss her. I mean you said it yourself she was drunk. She could've started it." I tried to reason.