Chapter Two

Unedited

Plumeria stood outside of Meleemelee meadow, watching. It seems she couldn't get away from  you, huh? She always managed to find you whenever she went to Ten Carat Hill or here or Iki town. That's must be where you like to go, huh? It's odd. She felt some sort of pulling factor towards you, despite the two of you being polar opposites. She was in team Skull, and you seemed to be the most innocent person ever. She'd hate to ruin that. Plumeria heard that you had someone on your mind while you were talking to Rotom. Who was it? She needed to know. No one you know, Rotom. That was the only answer she got. Were you thinking about her? Or did you have someone on your mind? Whoever it is, it surely isn't Ilima. Good, then maybe she was your type after all.

Plumeria took a snarl Inhale before finally deciding she was going to try and make a friend today. All she has is everyone in Team Skull, isn't now the time to change that? She let go of the wall and was now in full vision of anyone caring to look her way. She took her hair out of what ponytail like structure they were in and let It flow down her back. She hears somehwere girls are supposed to look prettier and nicer with their hair down, right? Her pink hair and yellow striped highlight flowed down her back, ending right at her hips. She blew a strand out of her face and tried to regulate her breathing. She took a step forward, towards you in the flowers. Now was the time, right? Now or never.

"Yo."

Plumeria decided to call out, not stepping into the flowers just yet. She wasn't on the edge of the rock floor and the flowers. She wasn't exactly a flower kind of person. She watched you turn around and you met her eyes. Plumeria was awkwardly standing there, hands shoved inside the baggy pockets of her black pants. She averted her eyes for a moment, a bit flustered from your gaze. Shit, you were adorable. No wonder she was captivated by your appearance alone. She kicked her foot a little and kicked a pebble into the grass. All the wild Pokémon and what appeared to be your Pokémon were having fun. She didn't want to disrupt that. She didn't notice that your face was also flushed like hell.

"Uh, you're the kid from Ten Carat hill, yeah? Mind if I... uh... Talk to ya or something?"

Plumeria looked back up at you. You seemed to have a red face to match hers. She watched your mouth curl Into a smile as you nodded. She took notice of the rotomdex you had. One of Kukui's friends? Oh. Well, it's should be a good thing because you won't get mixed up into anything bad to get rid of the innocence she assumed you had. Plumeria looked at the golden flowers and took a sharp inhale before stepping into them. She trudged through and got to you, sitting down right next to you. Her eyes landed on the broken stems and plucked petal dust restin on the floor. Around you, there were a lot less flowers. We're ypu picking flowers and plucking the petals? Oh. She should have known. She should have known you already had someone to love. She pursed her lips and there's was a silence between the two of you before she mentioned it.

"You seemed to have demolished the daisies, huh? Whatever. Uh, what's your name?"

Plumeria found it incredibly awkward and painful to be doing all the talking, but you were so quiet and must be intimidated or something. Even with her hair down, she looked like a thug. She always owned it with pride. She was the big sis of team skull after all. But she didn't want to scare you. She wanted a friend. A true friend. Not one who looks up to her and idolizes her, but someone who sees her as an equal and pays attention to the little things about her, ya know? It's be nice to have a true friend... or more... 

"Oh! Uh, sorry Plumeria. Uh, my name is (name) and, uh, I'm sorry."

You were twiddling your fingers and stammering like a five year old kid on their first day of school. It was really cute. Plumeria chuckled a little bit under her breath. She watched as you kept your eyes glued on the ground, not wanting to look her in the eye. She held back another sigh, she didn't want to seem like the type to sigh all the god damn time. She scared you, didn't she? She messed up. Plumeria hoped she could just fix that. Maybe if her Pokémon name could get along with yours...

"Nah, you're good. Do ya mind if I let my Slandit out? She could use a little Pokémon on pikemon interaction."

Wow that was the cringiest awkwardness shit ever. She wanted to slug herself in the face. However to her surprise you just looked up, smiled, and nodded. Plumeria smiled awkwardly back and took out the pokeball her Slandit, her partner, resided in. She threw it up in the air and caught the ball in her hand afterwards. The Pokémon all looked over and saw the Slandit happily cheering and standing there. The Pokémon were frozen at first, until a Zubat she assumed was yours flew over. After Zubat, a lot of wild Pokémon and a Pikipek came over and soon enough Slandit made a few friends. Plumeria felt a smile overcome her lips. She chcukled a little again. It's nice to see Slandit so happy.

"It's nice, isn't it? Just letting the Pokémon be free as if they were wild again? That's why I love coming here and to Ten Carat Hill. It's relaxing and it lets the Pokémon be themselves. Their true selves."

Plumeria turns her head to see you with a warm, comfortable expression. A relaxed and proud expression. You were almost beaming, sending a sun's arm the Her way in the cool, crisp Alola night at Meleemelee meadow. Plumeria nodded, understanding entirely what you meant. She hasn't seen Slandit so happy in a while. She felt happy too. The meadow was real nice, earl relaxing. She sat back a bit, letting her body relax with a deep exhale. She looked over at you, sitting with your legs tucked underneath your body and staring at her. You noticed she caught you staring and blushed red and averted your gaze shyly. She couldn't help but clicker a little bit, causing you to grow even redder.

"You're a cute one, (name). I like ya, kid."

And she meant it. She did like you. She doesn't like a lot of people, especially on first impression, but she did like you.

1137 Words