Izzie - Newton's 16th

I thought that by coming here, to her birthday party, I'd have this crazy pivotal moment. I'd see her face and I'd know for sure.
Maybe it wasn't what I thought it was. Maybe it was just because Newton was the first person to like me, the real me, for me. She made me feel comfortable. We clicked. The way she looked at me and right into me as if she understood everything I couldn't put out into words. That's true friendship, right?
I'd always been unsure about Nate, he didn't get me. I could never come to him with my family shit because he just wouldn't get it. Not to mention he's just like every other horny teenage boy. I wasn't surprised about him trying it with Casey, I mean, she's beautiful and hilarious and she's the best sister to Sam- the love she has for him is like no other, the way she's so protective of him. I wish I could be that for her and I mean, okay, I have eyes, so I know she has great legs. But she has a boyfriend, who she loves- a lot. So, that's that. I guess.
She confuses me. She's different to any other person I've felt this way towards. Well for one, she's a... she. I knew it from the moment I first saw her. She had this energy about her. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I felt it.
I'm getting sidetracked, I'm here because her mom invited me and the girls to her birthday party and now I'm here and I simply can't stop staring at the girl with the short hair dancing like a dork in the middle of the dance floor.

***

I could hear my heart beating so loud and I wondered if everyone else could hear it too. She's upset because of me, it had to be me because her smile disappeared when her eyes met mine. I thought that by acting like a dick to her I was protecting myself, so why was it that seeing her upset was breaking me?
I contemplated on following after her for what felt like forever, but was only a minute.
I needed to see her. I needed to explain.

———————————————
[A/N: OK HI, I'M SAAJ, SO THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT FF EVER AND I WANTED TO START WITH A LITTLE BACKGROUND INTO IZZIE'S THOUGHTS AT CASEY'S BIRTHDAY BECAUSE I WANT TO KEEP IT TRUE TO THE SERIES TO BEGIN WITH, YOU KNOW?
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED TOO!]