Ch 2

Rick woke up the next morning and forgot for a minute that he was sharing the bed with Daryl. He stretched and jumped slightly when his arm brushed against Daryl's skin. Daryl's sleeping form was curled into Rick's, his head on the older man's chest. His breathing even and light, contrasting his usual rough and tough act. Rick looked down at him and barely smiled. He needed to get up and let everyone know Daryl was, for the most part, okay but he didn't want to wake Daryl up.

It wasn't long before Daryl woke up with stiff yawn and slow stretch. He looked up to meet Rick's eyes. "Sorry." He moved away from the former sheriff.

Rick shook his head. "It's fine." He sat up. Daryl refused to look at him. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah." He stuttered.

"No, you're not." Rick stated.

"I-I'm fine." He tried to sound tough.

Rick stared at him for a minute. "Alright." he finally said. He got up. "I'll go tell everyone you're okay." And with that, he left.

---

Rick reintroduced everyone to Daryl, hoping one of them might jog his memory. Sadly it did not. In fact it only confused him more. Rick took Daryl back into the RV.

"You didn't remember anything?" He asked as he sat at the table.

Daryl shook his head. "They seem like good people but I don't know 'em."

"Well, we'll have to think of something else to try tomorrow then." Daryl nodded. He was tired from all the 'new' people he met today. The archer crawled onto the bed and was almost asleep when they heard a scream.

Rick jumped into action and ran outside. Daryl groaned and followed, Andrea had seen a snake.

Rick sighed. "You can't just scream like that. It'll scare everyone, and it'll attract walkers."

"Sorry." Andrea sat by the fire. Daryl rolled his eyes and went back into the RV. Rick reassured the rest of the group that everything was okay and followed.

"It's gettin' late. We should get some sleep." Rick looked between the bed and the couch subtly. Would Daryl let him sleep with him in the bed again?

Daryl nodded and moved further onto the bed, making room for Rick. "Come on." He said patting the bed beside him. Rick smiled slightly and laid next to him. Daryl closed his eyes and was soon asleep. He didn't know why but he felt safe around Rick, like there was no bad thing in the world. Rick took the opportunity to gently kiss Daryl's head before he fell asleep himself.