xxi.

_________________________________

i walk into the white room.

i see the white haired girl in a white gown, in a white bed.

i see cuts and bruises all over her body.

i walk over beside her, i see 'get well soon' cards and balloons scattered on the side table.

i put my hand on her smaller one.

she flinches at the touch.

she opens her eyes and scans the room.

"lennon, i'm so sorry this happened."

"parker..." she swallows hard.

"i love you, a lot" i lean down to kiss her head. even in the awful state she was breathtakingly beautiful.

she closes her eyes and smiles.

i see two figures walk in.

"who is this boy?" an older man says.

lennon opens her eyes.

"dad, this is parker, he's- he's my boyfriend" lennon hesitated.

"well he needs a haircut" her dad says rather loudly.

i decide to stay quiet for my sake.

"honey, you look awful" her mother walks over and holds lennon's other hand.

"i think we should let lennon rest up to come home after she finishes therepy" her dad says.

"come home?" lennon asks.

"honey, i think you'll be more stable back in arizona with your family." her mother whispers.

"whose going to protect you? your scraggly headed boytoy?" her father glares at me.

"dad, it's not his fault this happened. dean did this, it wasn't parker" she squeezes her eyes shut.

"well, you think about it, we're leaving town in two weeks after your therapy is over, and we expect you on the flight back home with us" her mom says.

i watch her parents walk out the door.

"lennon, I'm going to go now, you need rest. i love you" i go to kiss her on the head but she redirects my face to meet her lips.

"i love you, don't mind my parents..." she whispers.

i walk out the door hoping she chooses to stay with me.

___________________________________