Back pain

It had been a long week, and now you were laid up in bed, pain throbbing through your back completely renewed. It had been a while since the first time you messed up your back, you had thought it had gotten better. Boy were you wrong, tears slowly slipping down the sides of your face as you stared up at the ceiling. The doctors told you multiple reasons why your back was seizing and pain spreading out, making your foot drag slightly. You didn't want reasons, you just wanted it fixed, you wanted to be able to get up and move without wanting to scream out.
    "Lady y/n?" Loki's voice called out suddenly.
     You heard the front door open and shut softly, you grimaced as you raised your hand to your face, swiping the tears from your cheeks. You weren't one to let anyone see you cry, especially not Loki. You weren't sure how he would react, being a god and all, add to the fact that he was the god of mischief he would most likely laugh at your pain anyway.
     "Lady y/n." He called out again upon entering the living room. You were a good friend of the avengers and because of this once in a while they would grace your home.
     "Go away." You cried out softly, slowly trying to roll to your side to get back to your feet. You cried out as pain blossomed through the lower portion of your back and down your left foot. A fresh wave of tears falling from your face as Loki entered the room.
    "Lady y/n, are you okay?" He asked rushing to your side, wrapping an arm under your shoulders just as your leg gave out.
    "No." You cried, tears falling without reservation, and heavy sob choking through you. "I'm not."
    "What happened?" He asked, he blue-green eyes trained on your face, concern washing through his features.
    "It's just.." you took a deep breath trying to steel yourself. "I threw my back out again."
     "Threw your back out?" He asked, helping you to your feet, you leaned most of your weight on him.
     "The disc's in my back are out of alignment, and one of them is pinching a nerve. And it's causing pain all through my back and down my leg, it hurts so bad." You sucked in a deep breath, Loki helped you to the kitchen, all you wanted was a drink of water and to take more ibuprofen.
     "What can I do?" He asked, leaning you against the counter, you supported your weight on the granite top. You took deep even breaths, trying to focus on anything but the pain radiating through you.
    "Water, pills, hot pack, new back." You jested laughing lightly, big mistake, new tears formed as the pain flared back up.
     "I can do that, except maybe the new back, my dove. But I think I maybe able to help." He replied as he walked over and poured you a cool glass of water. He reached up in your cupboard and found the bottle marked ibuprofen, snagging the heat pack along with it.
    Loki worked quickly and quietly, setting the water and pills for you on the counter. You took them gratefully as he opened the heat pack, setting it on the counter next to you. Loki lifted the back of your shirt, gently placing the warmth of his palm on your lower back. Heat radiated through your lower back, the muscles relaxing instantly as he slowly moved his hands across the skin of your lower back.
     Whatever he was doing, it was helping. The pain was still there, but not as intense, you heard him rip open the bag for the heat pack. Warmth greeted your skin again as you felt Loki wrap his arms around you to hook the heat pack around your midsection. You sighed, turning to look at him, his face was soft as he looked at your face.
   "Here I though you would laugh at my pain." You stated, looking down and the marbled tan and chocolate granite.
    "Why would I ever do that?" He asked, biting his knuckles under your chin forcing you to raise your head and look at him.
    "You seem to laugh a lot of people's pain, Loki." You stated, making eye contact.
     "That make be true but I would never laugh at your pain, my turtle dove." He whispered leaning in close to you, your eyes fluttering shut.
    "And why is that?" You whispered back, you could feel the warmth of his body as he leaned in a tad closer.
     "Because my beautiful creature, unlike the rest I like being around you." He replied his voice just above a hushed whisper, lips ghosting your as he spoke. "I think tonight we shall curl up on your couch and relax. Let me show you what you mean to me."
     "Okay." You breathed, his lips brushing against your lightly before he took a step back and led you to your couch.
    Loki fluffed up a couple of your pillows, demanding you to sit while he went to work in your kitchen making you something to eat. He brought you tea, and a plate of food, settling in next you on the couch. He flicked on your tv, and found a movie for the two of you to watch. The rest of the evening was him spent doting on you.