twelve; we're gonna be okay

"Steve?" Bucky called

"Steve?" Bucky called. Steve turned, finding his friend looking at his metal arm in confusion. As Bucky walked towards him he slowly fell to the ground in a pile of dust.

Y/n scrambled away, mouth parted in shock and the acidic taste of bile on her tongue.

The power was coursing through her. She could fix this. She could.

On the battle field the soldiers started to disappear in the wind.

"Up general, up, this is no place to die." T'Challa said as he crawled towards Okoye.

As soon as she grabbed his arm he turned to dust, leaving Okoye to fall back in shock. She scrambled up, face scrunched up in confusion.

Groot leaned against a log, his arms and legs slowly disintegrating. "I am Groot." Groot told Rocket softly.

"No. No. No. No no no no, no." Rocket pleaded, crawling towards him and reaching out to touch his terrified face. Dad. "Groot." Rocket called. "No."

Wanda slowly disintegrated, crouched over Visions body, she looked up as if wanting to go even faster.

Sam struggled to stand up, groaning as he disappeared amongst the bushes and shrub.

"Sam!" Rhodes called, walking through where he was once laying. He could never find his close friend.

Okoye breathed heavily, looking around in shock.

"Sam, where you at?!" Rhodes called in the background.

"Natalie." Andrew called, gripping her shoulder and spinning her around to face him but as soon as he did she disintegrated in front of his eyes.

"Natalie? Natalie!" He yelled, looking around wildly.

Y/n hadn't moved from her position on the ground, her knees curled into her chest and her fingers still glowing.

I can stop it, I can do it.

Thomas looked around, kneeling down next to her and moving to place a hand on her shoulder.

"Y/n, you're alright. We're gonna be okay." The comforting weight of his hand suddenly disappeared and her head snapped over, seeing a pile of dust on her shoulder.

She cried out and scooted away quickly, tears streaming down her face and her heart beating wildly in her chest.

I can do it, I can, I can, just please stop.

T I T A N

Peter helped Tony stand up, grabbing his hand and pulling him up.

All seven of them stood in the same clearing when suddenly Mantis looked up.

"Somethings happening." She muttered, suddenly turning to dust in Quills arms.

Tony watched in fear, stumbling slightly.

Quill turned around shakily, watching Drax start to turn as well. "Quill?"

Tony sat up and walked towards the man slightly. "Steady, Quill."

"Oh, man." Quill whispered, disappearing in the wind.

"Tony," Strange called and said man turned with a scared look. "There was no other way."

Tony watched him as Strange seemed to accept his fate, disintegrating quickly.

"Mr Stark?" Peter called shakily. Tony turned around with a look of horror. "I don't feel so good."

Peter started to disintegrate, but much, much slower than the rest. "You're alright-"

"I don't, I don't know what's happening." Peter stumbled towards him, collapsing into his mentors arms.

His face was scrunched up in fear. His fingers started to slowly disappear. "I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, sir, please." He pleaded.

Tony slowly started to lower him to the ground. "Sir please, I don't wanna go."

Peter looked up at the sky, tears in his eyes before looking over at Tony. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

Tony's hand hit the ground as his responsibility, his student- god, the closest thing he had to a son, disappeared.

He looked at his hands as if wishing he would turn too. Please, let me just disappear. He curled into himself as Nebula stood there dejectedly.

"He did it."

Tony bit his lips, brushing his hands off and placing his head in between his legs.

Nebula sat down carefully. Tony pulled his head up, his hands covering his mouth as he realized what just happened.

On earth, Steve kneeled next to Visions body, flipping it over. Natasha suddenly ran into the clearing.

"What is this?" Rhodes asked, walking into the clearing with Andrew. Katherine was sitting next to y/n, holding her as she broke down in her friends arms.

"What the hell is happening?"

Steve sat silently for a few moments, panting while the others all took in the new ordeal.

"Oh, god."

???

Thanos stepped slowly out of a hut, limping with the burnt gauntlet still on his arm. He stepped down carefully.

He then sat down on the porch, squinting at the sunlight hitting his gaze.

He took a deep breath, watching the sunrise on a broken universe.

To be continued...?