• 2 •

I hate this Earth.
I hate schools.
I hate teachers and principals.
That fat bastard can only get off at yelling at me because I'm not a Captain in this world.
If we were back inside the walls I would have hung him over the mouth of a titan until he begged for my mercy.
But here I'm just a man.
A young science teacher being paid barley minimum wage.
And missing her.
I walked into my classroom and saw a few loner kids sitting at desks, way early for class.
I set down my stuff and turned to write on the board.
I start with my name and the class rules.
As I began on the assignment list the bell rang above my head and kids began to pile into class.
They crowded around my desk, trashy girls mostly. They all were shouting at me as I wrote down the homework.

"Omg your so cute!"

"I love that tie, Levi!"

"How do you think this shirt looks on me"

"Levi I am throwing a party tomorrow do you wanna come"

I had enough. I slammed down the chalk stick and it broke under the weight of my hand. I turned my head over my shoulder and glared at the students surrounding my desk. All of them noticeably paled and took a step back.

"First off, you call me Mr. Ackerman. Nothing else. Second off, I am not the cool new kid at school. I am your teacher and a very strict one. Now get to your seats before I mark you absent. Permanently."

The kids scattered to their seats as fast as their legs could take them. As they all sat down I grabbed a long ruler and pointed at the rules I wrote down.

"No! Talking, no! Chewing gum, so those of you who have it now, there is the trash can. Late assignments are Unacceptable! And lastly-"

Two girls ran into the class and held out bright green pieces of paper to me. The first one I knew well, Petra, the only girl on my old squad. To see her again, and alive causes me to smile inwardly. She looked a little surprised as well but I'm not sure if its because she remembered or because of something else. As I looked to her side I saw the other girl. Immediately I froze. I couldn't even move my hand to grab the slip from her. When she looked up at me her green eyes locked onto mine and widened slightly. Dose she remember me?

She shook her head lightly and lifted the slip to me again while mumbling so only the close surrounding could hear.

"Have we met somewhere before?"

I snap out of my daze at her sweet voice and my eyes lock on her lips, wanting nothing more than anything to kiss them once again. But I knew of the danger to force her memories so I shook my head and took her slip, with a quick look at her outfit I realize its alikeness to her old uniform, with a look to Petra I see her smile confidently.

"I was in the office this morning you may have seen me there. Please quickly take your seats. Also since you were late and missed my rules you will stay after school to write an essay on what each rule is for and how you plan to ensure you follow it."

Petra sighed, but Ruby just nods before taking her seat in the front on the far right. After forcing my eyes away from her I continued my class.

Ruby-
I brought my eyes up to meet the teacher and immediately I recognize him from my dream. My eyes widened but I tried to keep my actions calm. I quickly shake my head to clear it and hand him my tardy slip.

"Have we met somewhere before?"

Mr. Ackerman seemed to be lost in thought for a moment before he took my slip and eyed my outfit before looking at Petra.
Does he know her? How would he know she chose this?

"I was in the office this morning you might have seen me there. Now please quickly find your seats. And since you two were to busy to get to class on time you missed my rules. You'll stay after class and write an essay about why each rule is important and how it matters to me."

Petra sighed next to me and I just smiled and nodded. I felt like this was probably gonna be my favorite class. But everyone else seemed to be gloomy and scared of Mr. Ackerman. I'm not sure why but I really just want to be around him.

As I sat down my head hurt badly and I saw flashes of Mr. Ackerman in a weird outfit flow across my mind. The pain was excruciating and I let out a muffled cry. 

Once I finally came out of it Petra had her hand on my shoulder with a worried look her eyes that were locked on me along with the rest of the class. Mr Ackerman was crouched in front of my desk with a half hurt half hopeful look on his face.

"L-Levi. Your name is...Levi.."

I mumbled so quietly that only he could hear before everything went black and I felt myself falling to the floor.

------------------------------------------------------
Sorry guys I know its a short chapter but that just seemed like a good stopping place.
I will be working on the next chapter today and hopefully have it up tonight but no promises.
(Haha No Regrets.)
Anyway. Hope you liked the chapter and thanks for reading.
~Captain Ruby

*edited*