• 3 •

Ruby's POV-

I woke up in the infirmary and sat up immediately upon awakening.

"Easy there. Don't want you fainting again."

I turn to look at were the voice came from and see Mr. Ackerman sitting next to my bed with his arms crossed.

"Mr. Ackerman? W-what are you doing here?"

He sighs and stands up to look down at me.

"Well you passed out in my class so I brought you here and had Petra look over you but I told her she could go home and I'd wait till you woke up. If your feeling better get up so I can take you home. I have papers to grade."

I could hear the slight irritation in his voice so I quickly got up so I could get my coat.

"Oh uh y-yes sir."

I look around for my coat till I hear a scoff and look at Mr. Ackerman who was holding it out to me. He helped me put it on before we walked out the door.

Once we were on the road he finally spoke to me again but softly.

"So what happened back there? In the classroom"

I remember the flashes I got in the classroom and it didnt hurt to think of them this time. I looked over at Mr. Ackerman to tell him what I saw but he had a look in his eyes like he didnt want to know. He seemed almost scared. I dont know why but I decided not telling him would be the best option.

I looked down at my hands folded over eachother resting in my lap and whispered just loud enough for him to hear

"I dont know. I can't remember anything past sitting in my desk and listening to your lecture."

That was an outright lie. I didn't forget anything. I remeber looking at him and seeing a different outfit appear on him that was similar to what the people wore in my dream. His eyes held the same emotion I saw him have in my dream as well but they were also clouded by fear. I knew his name and the way it rolled off my tounge felt natural. Even when he was crouched in front of me I felt like he's always been there. Worried for me. Protecting me.
.....loving me.

The car came to a rough halt and my head hit the dashboard. Levi's voice came out soft, quickly apoligizing, before it turned hard and dark as he cursed at the people infront of him.

"Who the fuck just parks in the middle of the damn road!!!"

I shake my head a bit and rub my forhead where it hit the dashboard and look up. There were multiple cars parked in the road but there weren't people in them. I followed the car line up to where a firetruck was parked in front of a oh so familiar house.

"Oh no..."

Levi looked at me confused but I didn't give him the chance to ask before I was out of the car and taking off toward the house that was currently on fire and being watered down.

"No no please god no. Please be safe, please be safe."

I heard Levi calling for me from behind but I couldn't stop. I pushed through the croud of people occationally apoligizing or saying excuse me but I dont know. The world around me became white noise and I just rushed over to the house on fire. I didn't care about the people or the man running behind me. I didn't care about anything except making sure he's alright.

"Dirkus!! Dirk!"

I stop infront of the fireman and look up at him with hope.

"I'm sorry sir, but this is my house. Did you see a dog anywhere. Did he come out before it started burning."

The man tensed and looked at me with pity, only shaking his head. I felt numb. I've already lost my parents and now Dirk, the only part of my family I have left. My knees gave out and I hit the ground, immediatly curling in on myself and crying.

Levi finally caught up to me and crouched next to me lightly placing a hand on my shoulder. I felt like he and I where the only people in the world. Everything else was mute. I turned to him and wrapped my arms around him, crying into his shoulder. He seemed suprised but wrapped his arms around me anyway.

Levi held me but was looking up at the fireman. Talking to him about something but I didn't care. I was completley numb and drowned out the world around me.

Next thing I know Im heading back to Levis car, pushing through the crowd. That is untill something comes barreling into the back of my legs causing me to fall to the ground. My head bounced off the pavment, and I had the wind practically knocked out of me by the sudden pressure on my stomach. I lift up my head to look at my attacker only to see a dog standing on my stomach and growling at Levi as he trys to get close to me.

I laugh out loud, catching both there attention and slowly pet the dogs head. Tears falling down my face as I pull him into a hug.

"Im so glad you're ok."

After a while of sitting on the ground with my dog and people surrounding me, Levi decided to take me back to his house now. I think Dirk was more excited to go but I didn't mind. I had my dog and I had Levi, who I knew I could trust with my life for some reason. Either way. I was grateful for my luck.

--------------------

Thanks for reading. And I hope you liked it. I told Halo that I would update when she does so I had to finish this up real quick. I hope its good and thanks again for reading.

Captain Ruby~

*edited*