Britney

As I woke up the first thing I did was check my Instagram to see what went on throughout the day and night. Then I decided to get up out of bed and change into my new clothes, which by the way were mostly from forever 21. When I got downstairs my mom made this amazing breakfast, she never cooks this good so I knew something was up. Apparently my dad got a new job that was only 2 hours away from where we are at. This is great!  Now I can drive down there every weekend to go see him. Another thing you might want to know is that when I was 10 my parents got a divorce and my mother decided to take me and my brother and move across the country because they had this huge job opening so we left Florida and moved to Sacramento. Anyways after we ate I headed off to school.

As soon as I got to the school parking lot it was such a coincidence that me and Carter happened to park next to each other. When we both got out of the car apparently there are rumors going around that we are totally dating but we aren’t so I got to make it clear to everyone. When we got to first period everyone was saying things and this one girl her name is Rachel started talking to me about Carter and I made it clear to her we aren’t dating. Throughout class Rachel and I continued talking, I think I just made a new friend. 

When I got to my next class everyone was talking about a fall dance which I had no idea what they were talking about and everyone was asking me if I was going with Carter. People these days are in everyone’s business; I told them I had no idea what they were talking about. When class was about to start Nicole said “Hey you do know you and Carter are the school’s next new popular couple” I said “We aren’t even dating and how do you know, I don’t even like him that way.” “How could you not, your lucky to even be talking to him, it’s every girls dream to talk to him. Every girl likes him and Britney still hasn’t gotten over him so you better watch your back.” She said. “Who the hell is Britney?” I said. “Hey why don’t we talk after school here’s my number?” As she handed me her number the bell rang and it was time for lunch.

When I sat down at my lunch table with my new friends they started talking about the dance and that Carter is going to ask me to go with him after school. They also were throwing this huge back to school party at Derek’s house on Friday and I was invited. It is the first official party I was going to, we all know how those end up. Derek is apparently Carters best friend, they do everything together. Some people even say there might be a bromance going on.

As I got home I decided to text Nicole and we ended up talking the rest of the day. Britney is apparently Carters ex and they dated for over a year and Britney ended up making out with one of the guys on the football team so they got in a huge fight and ended with him breaking up with her. She still never got over Carter and now since he’s crushing on me she absolutely hates me. I don’t even know who this chick is.

It got close to bedtime and my phone rang, I was an unknown number. When I answered it carter was on the other side. “Hey Madison it’s carter.” “How did you get my number?” “Oh um Derek gave it to me but anyways I would like to ask you something.” “Okay, what is it?” “Will you go to the dance with me?” he said in the sweetest way. At that moment there was thousands of thoughts going through my head.  I had no Idea what to say, what would my friends think, what would everyone think, worst of all what would Britney think!  “Hello?” I then snapped out of my daze and realized he was still on the other end. “Oh right sorry, um yea, sure, I’ll go with you.” Trying to sound like it’s totally cool when in reality I’m freaking out. “Really? That’s great! We talk about this at school tomorrow, okay? Bye!” “Yea okay, Bye” I said. As I hung up the phone my heart was pounding, my cheeks were hot and red, my stomach felt weird, and I was shaking. Almost as I was nervous, I never felt this way before after I talk to a guy. Could I actually have a crush on him?!  I just couldn’t stop replaying his words in my head. Then I heard a knock at my door, it was my mom. “Hey sweetie how was school” “Oh you know how school is” I laughed. “That’s good to hear,” as she sat down on the edge of my bed. “Yea I guess mom, hey guess what? There’s this school dance coming up and I’m wondering if I could go?” I said in the little girl voice that you do when you want something. “Oh really? Did you get asked by a guy? Is that why you’re asking me?” she laughed. I had no idea what to say, should I tell her or wait? “No my friends all want to go together.” That’s not a lie, he is my friend. “Oh okay we’ll talk about this more tomorrow. Goodnight sweetie.” She walked out my room without looking back at me which she always does when she doesn’t want me to go somewhere.

As I layed there in bed I could not sleep. I was just thinking about how tomorrow would go and what everyone would think about carter and me going to the Fall Dance together.  I looked at my phone at it was already 11:30; I knew I had to go to sleep or I would not be able to wake up in the morning. So I tried my hardest and closed my eyes and finally I dozed off.