05 | dancer

A/N

hey guys!

just a notice that because of my schedule, future chapters might get shorter OR updates might be bi-weekly. my mind has just been exploding from all these college essays i've been writing ㅠㅠ

if you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment or view my profile to see my updating schedule.

as always, thank you so much for reading. take care, and stay safe

with love,

krissy

○

SUMMER 2017

BREAKING: JUNHO SUICIDE POINTS TO BRUTAL PRESSURE OF K-POP RIVALRY

In the wake of the pandemonium surrounding the Junho-JM rivalry, the 27-year old singer-songwriter was found unconscious at a private hotel in Seoul on Monday and died in the hospital. Police are treating his death as suicide.

The news comes two days after the reported vandalism of Junho's private home, rumored to be the work of over-obsessive fans most commonly known as saesangs.

A farewell note written by the star was discovered but has not yet been made public.

There is no indication as to what Seo had been burdened by, but the recent events of the notorious Junho-JM rivalry--as well as backlash surrounding JM as of late--strongly suggest that being a celebrity added to the pressure.

The Korean entertainment industry fosters a cut-throat work environment in which every colleague is a competitor and only the strongest survive. The public sets high standards of behavior and physical appearance, and uses social media to pass instant judgment.

In response to the news, #JMurderer has reached #2 as a worldwide trending tag on Twitter, denouncing what recently became the international-acclaimed career of JM. The star has come under intense fire and has not yet made a statement.

Though the reasons for Seo's decision are not clear, the loss of one of the industry's most popular acts reveals some of the dark underbelly beneath the K-pop's gorgeous, glittering façade.