19 | busan boy

A/N

hello!! i hope you're doing well. apologies for last week's missing update...some things happened and i couldn't think straight. but we're back!

this chapter is slow, but there's a lot of things here that i've been wondering. about grief and all that. i wonder if it'll relate to you as it does for me.

with that said, please do leave a vote or comment if you enjoy this chapter! and as always, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here.

all my love,

krissy

recap | seo jaeseok met nari at the coffeeshop. he asked her to report how jimin intends to rise to fame again. nari went to big hit to meet jimin, only to receive a call from seungho that their mother is in the hospital.

 nari went to big hit to meet jimin, only to receive a call from seungho that their mother is in the hospital

ONE DAY EARLIER

I FORGET HOW much Jimin's laugh flows like music in my ears. I feel it, rather than hear it, and it warms my chest like smooth honey as we wind our way through a crisp night of traffic.

It's the night before my Sunday morning meeting with Woobin and Kaede, and Jimin's brief practice break allows us an evening together in Hongdae--with far too much food and one too many beers.

Cheeks warm with the heat of alcohol, I rest my head against his shoulder.

He smiles against my hair. "You haven't drunk this much in a while," he remarks teasingly.

I yawn. "Mm. It's been a while."

"Why?" His hand squeezes mine. "Are you unhappy?"

"No," I protest.

He laughs. "Ah, you just miss the alcohol, huh?"

"Not really," I answer, then add, without thinking, "I just miss you."

The words hang between us. Something heavy falls over his gaze. Something sad and grieving and lost. I regret the words immediately and turn away.

"Sorry," I murmur, shaking my head irritatedly. "That didn't make sense. I just, I don't know how to do it."

He tilts his head towards me. "Do what?"

"Hope." The subway entrance appears in front of us. "Are you hopeful?"

"Yeah. I am."

We pause, and my brows pull low. "Is it hard?"

He studies me for a moment. I blink up at him, lifting my chin curiously above my dark scarf, and with a quiet exhale he nudges the fabric absently down.