Make up

Michael lay on the bed sobbing. He refused to meet Jeremy's eye out of embarrassment and frustration. When he felt Jeremy sit down on the bed he curled into an even smaller ball, afraid of whatever was coming. Nothing could have prepared him for what left Jeremy's mouth.

"Do you hate me"

Shocked, Michael looked up at him. "W-what?"

" cuz I understand if you do... If you never want to talk to me again after this. But maybe we can talk now? Sort some things out? Could you tell me why you are crying? Is it my fault? Am I asking too many questions? Shoot. That was a question. Umm..."

Michael cut Jeremy off with a shake of his head. "It's not your fault. I'm sorry" 

Now it was Jeremy's turn to look quizzical. "Why"

Michael took a deep breath and all his feelings came pouring out in one long sentence. "I'm sorry because I am a terrible friend I wasn't cool when you needed me to be and I couldn't keep it together long enough to leave that party and even afterwards I over-reacted you like a little kid I couldn't see how much you needed a real friend and with all my fantasies about eventually being cool I couldn't see how desperate you were and I didn't exactly support you with Christine and I was just all jealous-"

Michael did get to say anymore... because Jeremy leaned in and smashed their lips together! It was a little awkward at first but then they got into a slow rhythm. 

Jeremy leaned back and for the first time Michael saw he was crying, and immediately blamed himself. Jeremy spoke. "Don't blame yourself, Mikey. I wanted what I shouldn't have. It's not even possible for you to forgive me now"

Michael sighed and used his thumb to wipe the tears of Jeremy's face. "don't you see" He whispered. "I already have" And he leaned in and kissed him again. Feircly. 

Michael had had a fire in his chest since the seventh grade. For a short amount of time it was extinguished and then it rekindled. This time, it didn't burn.

DONE i'l add an authors not later