b

hyunjin was his second crush. a name all too familiar throughout his life.

they met when they were seven, but seungmin only realised he liked the other boy at sixteen.

they were in seungmin's backyard when he realised.
they had tired limbs from the day of exercise, laying on the grass was a massive relief for their bodies. they lay there for hours on end, talking about their memories together up until that very moment. "do you remember when we met?" hyunjin had asked, "how could i not? we were seven. we walked home from school and even though we went to different schools and our routes home were different, we still went past the same crossing," seungmin had answered. "when we met at the zebra crossing each day we'd only jump on the white stripes for a reason that no one can even remember," the taller boy had laughed.

"remember the fort we put up every weekend for a year straight when we were nine?" seungmin recalled, "the one with star fairy lights?" "yeah, i remember. i'm pretty sure we also attempted to stick those glow in the dark stars on the sheets, but they fell off because the blutack didn't like material."

"didn't you eat a ladybug accidentally back in seventh grade and cry about it for four hours straight?" the shorter boy asked to which the other boy replied, "oh god, don't remind me! i still can't believe i ate carl!" "carl? you named the thing?! oh my god hyunjin!"

they ended up falling asleep on the grass, hyunjin's arm underneath seungmin's head as a pillow, limbs draped over one another.

when seungmin woke up, he didn't wake up to see hyunjin sleeping peacefully or to be engulfed by his limbs in a messy sort of hug. no. he woke up to see hyunjin's face in the ground, grass stains on his cheeks. somehow the taller boy had also ended up hugging his own leg.
seungmin had laughed at the taller boy's misfortune, taking his phone out to take a couple of photos for blackmail.

hyunjin woke up about five minutes later, groaning in pain due to the uncomfortable position he was in. "minnie, how did i end up like this?!" "i don't know hyun, you move around a lot in your sleep, remember?" "oh, right. i should be strapped in whilst i sleep so i don't break my back one day."

they ended up getting up off of the ground about ten minutes later, going upstairs to have a shower.
hyunjin's family wasn't exactly the most well off in terms of money, so the two boys had grown up having showers together to not make the water bill so costly. they found nothing wrong with it, to them, it was completely normal.
sure, when they started going through puberty and their classmates told them about everything their parents do when they're not home, it was a little awkward and they tried to avoid it as much as possible, but came to the conclusion that ''they're both boys and boys don't do that stuff together, because, how would that work?''

seungmin had to clean the grass off of hyunjin's face because the latter was absolutely terrible at directions. it was oddly intimate, but they didn't notice, this was normal to them remember?
"minnie?" "yeah hyun?" "you're pretty," "and you're falling back asleep."

perhaps that was when he noticed, perhaps it was when he woke up, perhaps it was that night when they were simply talking, perhaps it was all of them. he didn't know exactly. all he knew was that at some point in those moments he realised he was in love, he just didn't acknowledge it.

yes yes, i know. it took longer then i meant it to.
but i simply had no idea as for what to write at the end, so i changed it up a bit.

ultimately i had a bit of writers block along with no ideas.

but now i have a source of ideas and i hope chapters will come soon.