CHAPTER.13

YG building                       3:30pm

The girl is impatiently waiting in the waiting room. With her crossed legs she is looking around her.

The sound of her acrylic nails tapping on her black phone screen is going through the quiet room.

Her body is covered by a black top with white sweatpants. And she has on an oversized green bomber jacket, keeping her protected from the icy weather outside.

About an hour ago, her vocal practice got disturbed by a staff demanding her to come to YG's office right after she has finished

She has the fear in her of getting sent away from the company but also an excitement in her of finally getting a debut is going through her body.

She has been training alongside all her seniors who have already made a career for themselves. But only she, was left behind.

The door opens and her heart drops.

Behind the door reveals Kwon Jiyong also known as GDragon or the Korean Michael Jackson.

"Katie Kim! come in." Without hesitation she follows him inside.

On her right hand she sees a desk with Yang HyunSuk, Seo Taiji and Lee Juno. She tries not to look them in the eyes but her curiosity overwins. The three men are watching every move she makes.

"Do you know why you're here?" GD asks.

"No" she answers quietly. Loud enough for him to hear.

She holds her hands together and head low to the ground.

"Do you know everybody in this room?" He asks again.

She looks all the people in their eyes.

"Yes"

"We are here to prepare your debut."
A smile appears on her face when she looks up.
"Not only in the music-industrie."
Her smile immediately fades into a frown. Not understanding what is going on.

"Take a seat, darling. I will explain it all."

She takes a seat that is right next to ().

"Let's start from the beginning.

°°°

'YG' is the most pronounced name in the news and on the streets. By many youngsters in a good way. It became famous worldwide for it's many kills.

The gang didn't have no faces. Nobody knew who was part of it or how many. But somehow amazed everyone.

Ever since the leader has caught an awful disease.

The leader decided to give his name to one of his three sons. Lee Juno, Yang Hyunsuk, Seo Taiji.

It's march 1996. The cold winter just ended and leaves are starting to grow, the weather is becoming more warm. Warm enough to not wear a coat.

Yang HyunSuk, 22 at the time, is sitting on the bench in a park. Thinking about his fathers decision.

It feels pressured. Pressured to keep the tradition in his family. Since he doesn't want his siblings life to be threatened, he is the one who has to stand up for them.

His older brother, Lee Juno, has a high paying job as a lawyer. Their mom always used to brag about him. The man has worked all his life for it. Of course she brags. Hyunsuk has seen it all. All the nights his brother was studying for a test, the depression that has got him to the lowest. Even when he wouldn't come out of his room for days without eating. But he always came out with a smile as if nothing happend.

His little brother, Seo Taiji, was to small and innocent. He had a bright future ahead. He needs to keep his good image.

Meanwhile Yang HyunSuk was a drop out, a failure, a worthless, lazy boy who still lives in his parents home. At least that's how everyone saw him. His mom can never brag about him. Seeing people his age having a successful career.

That's it. He will continue the YG mafia.

He gets up from the bench. There is no more running away. This time he'll face his responsibilities.

Ever since his dad took the lead of it the name of 'YG' has been pronounced a lot on the news everyone knows of it. Wether they think it's good or bad. The YG mafia has made a huge change in society these days.

In may 1996 Yang HyunSuk started his own company. To cover up their crimes. Now known as YG Entertainment.

Entertainment is a distraction. It distracts the people from the reality.

Starting of simple for example seeing idols smile on stage as if they are having the time of  their live to actually hating what their job. But also big like this company does.

Making music to hide the name 'YG'.

°°°

"So, are you in?"

Right after Gdragon said those words, several gunclicks are heard behind her through the room.

(Ig @/lostangelvalley)