Chapter 2

Victoria Strauss's POV 

Mom's words hurt me so deep and it was my first time I saw her very furious towards me. I agreed to attend blind dates because I didn't want to hurt her feeling. My family has a loan that hasn't been paid for 2 years and I need to get the money by getting married before I turned 25 years old. If I managed to married before I turned 25, I will get my grandparent's property and my mom was thinking of using that property to the loan. While my mom calls it family tradition, I call it fucking-stupid-shitty family tradition. Which one is better? 

I sighed and got up from my bed. I have been lying on my bed for 6 hours to sleep and forget everything happened with my mom. I ran straight home after that incident. It feels like everything happened was my fault. I jumped in shock as EXO's Growl played on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I grabbed my phone and answered the call. It was from Tanya. 

"Tanya, what's up?"  

"Hi, V. Are you free around 9?" 

"Umm...yes. Why?" 

"It's Valerie's birthday today. Don't you remember? She told us that we must throw her a party on her birthday last week." 

Suddenly, my memory with Tanya and Valerie last week played in my head. She did say that Allie and I must throw her a birthday party but I have no idea when it is. 

"Oh My Gosh! I'm just remembered it now. Why don't you tell me this morning? It's almost 7 p.m. right now and I haven't bought any present for her." I panicked. What a 'good' friend I am. I don't know when my best friend's birthday is! Tanya, Valerie and I have been best friends since we were 9.  

"I knew you don't remember it. It's okay. I already set up the place and you must come. I don't want you to hurt Valerie on her birthday with your pity excuses." 

"Okay, okay... so where it will be?" I stood up and took off my glasses. 

"It's in a club. I'll fetch you so wait me on 8, okay?" 

"Okay. See you later." I hung up the phone. I quickly grabbed my towel and went straight to the bathroom. 

I hummed when I showered. I was too excited to go to a club. This is my second time I went to a club. My first was on my 18's birthday party and it was my first time I drank alcohol. I was a nerd on my high school while Tanya and Valerie were the beauties but our different world in school didn't ruin our friendship. I have to say that both of them had ruined me but not totally. 

I got out from the bathroom and quickly dried my wet brown hair. I put on a black tank top and black skinny jeans. I want to be simple as I can be in the party so I just applied lip gloss on my lip. I grabbed my phone with an earphone and put on my glasses. I quickly grabbed a dark brown leather jacket that matches my hair and got out from my room. As I ran downstairs, I saw my mum and dad chatted while watched TV in the living room. My dad stared at me with a confused look while mom ignored me by watching TV. 

"Where are you going, princess?" My dad asked and frowned. 

"Somewhere with Tanya and Valerie." I answered. I took a glance at my mom and she still ignored me. Okay, fine. Game on. 

"Honey, I won't stop you to go out with them. But remember, you must come home before 12 and-" 

"No smoking, no liquor, no drug and no one night stand. Dad, you told me almost every time I go out with my friends. I'm a grown-up and I know what I must do so don't worry 'bout me, okay?" I said and winked at him. He smiled. I walked towards the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. I looked inside and grabbed an apple. I took a bite on my apple while put on my high heels. 

Suddenly, I heard the door bell rang. I glanced at the wall clock in the living room and smiled. It must be Tanya. It's almost 8. 

I put on my leather jacket and walked towards the door. When I opened it, I saw Tanya stood in front of me and smiled. She wore a red cocktail dress and a black pump. Her long wavy black hair suits her mesmerizing blue eyes make her look insanely beautiful. Well, I am still didn't know their reason to be my friends because...look, I am the ugly duckling!  

"What?" I asked. 

"Are you staring at me?" She asked while frowned. 

"You're too beautiful. I thought you're Aphrodite." I said grinned proudly at my beautiful friend. She chuckled at my words. 

"Whatever, V. You're beautiful too if you-"I flinched when Tanya a. k. a Aphrodite grabbed my glasses and took it off. 

"Hey!" I frowned at her action. 

"-take off your ugly glasses. You're perfect, V! Now, let's go. We'll be late for the party." She said and grinned at me. She gripped my wrist and dragged me to her... yellow Camaro?!  

"Tanya, when-"  

"Shut up and get in." She cut off my words as she pushed me into her Camaro. Oh My Gosh, my friend has a Bumblebee!! Awesome!!  

I sat in silence when I am in Bumblebee. I was too fascinated on Bumblebee and the ride went in silence until we arrived at the club.