•eighteen•

_Daniel's P.O.V_

Today is the day, the day I'm going back to my hometown. I showered and went downstairs. I went into the kitchen and everyone is eating their breakfast.

"Good Morning!", I greeted them.

They turned to face me and there's sadness in their eyes.

"What? Why do everybody looks so sad?" , I asked.

"The f-flight got delayed", Corbyn said.

"But why?"

"They said that there's possibly a storm coming"

"Oh", was all I said.

I sat down on the stool and Jonah handed me toasted breads with eggs. I thanked him and eat silently.

It's okay Daniel, it's just delayed. You can still see Amber, but just not today.

________

_Amber's P.O.V_

My mother switched our tickets with her friend's yesterday, so we can fly to LA earlier. It's not really that early , it's just a day earlier.

I helped my mother packed her suitcase because she already helped me to pack mine.

________

My mother's best friend, Suzy, drove us to the airport today. It's really huge. 

We went through security and sat on our chairs. I sat next to the window and my mother on my left. My mom said that it was a 2 hours flight.

I was so excited that we actually eat in the airplane. I thought we would starve for 2 hours all the way there.

________

As my mother said, about 2 hours later, we arrived in LA. I nearly jumped off my seat when I heard that we have arrived.

We went through security and wait outside for the Uber that my mother has called earlier.

About 12 minutes later, the Uber arrived. We grabbed our suitcases and dragged it along into the Uber with us.

The Uber driver just drove, to the left, to the right and turn this, turn that. About 43 minutes later, we arrived to the apartment that my mother bought for her when she was working here.

My mom paid the Uber driver. Then, we grabbed our suitcases and got off the Uber. We went inside the building and walked to the lift. My mom pressed the number 7 on the buttons.

I saw that it was B to 15 on the buttons. It's quiet tall. The door to the lift slowly opened and we walked out.

I followed my mom and we stopped at a door with the number 723. She looked for her key inside her purse and opened the door.

"Welcome to my apartment, come in", my mom said, laughing as she swings the door open.

I gladly walked in with my suitcase in hand, as my eyes widen. It's so huge and beautiful. Also what's the word? Oh, modern.

As I enter, I can see the living room and the kitchen. The kitchen is on the right corner. The living room is on the other corner. Behind the kitchen and the living room is a huge window.

I walked to the window and I can see the beautiful view. I looked down and saw people walking around, cars and bikers. It's like they're ants, small and tiny.

I turned to face my mother and saw her gone. She then walked out of a room and towards me. My mother gestured for me to follow her.

"This is your room", my mother said as she walked me to a room.

It's opposite to my mother's room. It's also pretty big. I know that my mom is living an amazing life in her human form, but I didn't know it's THIS amazing.

That's why some of my relative doesn't want to go back to the ocean. They liked it better being humans. Maybe I'm also one of them that liked it better being a human.

_
__
________

A/N

So, sorry for the late update. It was because of exam fever.

Don't worry,  there'll be another update tomorrow.