Chapter 1

As I zip my suitcase up my dad walks in. "Kirsten are you ready to go yet?"

"Yes dad." I sigh and roll my eyes.

I just recently graduated high school and my dad and his new wife decide that it's time for me to get out and see the world on my own.

I just know that it was ALL Jasmine, my dad's new wife, fault that I was leaving my "rich girl" lifestyle out in California. She never liked me anyway and I'm quite sure she knew the feeling was mutual. And this is the reason I am where I am this particular day and time right now.

Jasmine was about 4 years older than me which makes me think she's only in this for my daddy's money.

"I know you're mad at me Kirsten, but you have to understand that you can't stay with me forever."

"But dad how could you expect me to be happy when this young skank moves in and makes ALL of your decisions for you!!?? " I snap.

"Nevermind this right now Kirsten, you have a plane to catch."

"Yeah right, nevermind."

* * * * *

Before I get ready to board the plane my Dad wants to talk to me about something. He has a serious look on his face so I decide to talk to him.

"I'm sorry all of this happened this way honey and I want you to know that I love you so much. Also, while you're in Toronto I want you to stay safe and play smart."

I tell him that I love him and that it's time for me to board. I hug him one last time and get on the plane.