Chapter 1 - Good Night

Hi all! Just wanted to say thank you for reading!! this is my first book on wattpad and i hope you all LOVE it :) PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good-night Mummy.," slurs Rosie, "I love you..."

"I love you too sweetie, have a good sleep." I say tenderly.

Her blue eyes glimmer from the moonlight shining through her large glass windows. As Rosie's eyes start to close I kiss her lightly on the forehead. I stand back and stare for a second. My beautiful angel lay in front of me sleeping, almost as if it can be graceful, with not worry at mind. I take my glance away and forward out of Rosie's bedroom door. I walk down the hall and into mine and Jay's bedroom. Usually I would be greeted by him and I would leap into my husband's arms, but tonight he is on call at work, Lismonde Hospital. So as a result it is just me and Rosie.

I set forth into my before bedtime routine, turning on our television by the end of our bed and brushing my teeth. I turn the small TV on and make my way to the master bathroom. I turn on the light and I hear a high pitch shriek. It is Rosie. I scatter to the first thing that I think can easily hurt someone, with fright. I clasp a hair-dryer between my quivering fingers and quietly walk out into the bedroom and to the hall.

I creep down the dimly-lit hallway and glimpse into Rosie's room; there Rosie is sitting at the end of her bed clutching her Nunu: her teddy bear that she was given to from Jay and I when she was born.

I ask her comfortingly, "What's wrong darling?" as I sit next to her on the tiny bed. But all Rosie can seem to do is pant. I put my hand on her shoulder and ask,

"Did you have a scary dream?"

"No Mummy." she stammers warily, "it was real."

My eyes suddenly widen and I can feel Rosie's shaky arm wrap around me almost like it is for protection.

"Well what happened Rosie?! What was real?" I almost sound demanding and I try to cover it with consideration.

She tilts her like she is confused and covers her mouth with her hand in thought. I scan the moonlit room, nothing is different. Her windows are closed and her Barbies are still sitting where she left them in the pretty, miniature replica of our house that Jay made for Rosie. Thing only thing I can notice is a picture of Jay, Rosie and I has fallen onto the carpeted ground. I move toward the picture and put it back to where it should have been and I go and sit back down next to beautiful Rosie.

"Okay, well it must have just been a dream gorgeous." I reassure her.

"Oh, okay Mummy I'll tell you, but you must not tell him." She says quietly, cautiously. "I was lying in bed and then a black man comes and says 'I will take your soul'."

I look at her in a confused manner. I'm not sure what to think, I completely surprised. How could something like this possibly get into my daughters head, let alone her dream?

"Don't worry Rosie, just close your eyes and think of all things good like puppies and kittens and rainbows, and if you have another scary dream just come and get me." I hold her tight as she buries her head into my side. I kiss her on the forehead as she looks up to me for comfort. We hug for at least a minute and I give her one last tight squeeze still clutching the hair-dryer.

"What do you say you come and sleep in my bed tonight, honey?" I ask softly.

"Yes please Mummy." Rosie replies with the slightest more confidence.

I grab Rosie's petite hand with my free hand and we peel our selves off of her bed. Rosie holds Nunu in one hand and me in the other, and we make our way out of her room and back to the master bedroom. Now that we are in a light-filled room Rosie perks up and her confidence is regained. She jumps onto the king bed and embeds herself in the now creased, blue doona. She looks up at me and smiles,

"I love you Mummy."

And as always I reply "I love you too Rosie."