Chapter 5 - BLACK AND BLUE

Hi Wattpadders :) thanks for reading.. I know i havent updated recently but i have now so yeahh... PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!! THANKSSSS!!!

Two weeks have passed and Rosie's happiness and health has deteriorated, as well as that more ethereal things are happening, more frequently, more scary every time.

****************Flash**Back****************

It's an early, frigid Monday morning (just like any winter morning) and Jay is at work so I am alone with Rosie for now, whom I'm assuming is still asleep. The glass window across from me is coated in a layer of ice as thin as paper slightly distorting the image of frost stricken grass and trees.

The sky is moderately cloudy and the sun is peaking out behind the pine trees. Little droplets of frozen water descend down the parallel branches look like shimmering diamonds draped over the trees. The view is as stunning as always from where I lay, at least until Rosie comes into the room looking terrified.

"Muh, Muh, Mummy..?" she stutters frightened, confused.

I drag my eyes away from the beauty expecting something even more gorgeous but I stand corrected. There Rosie stands, shaky, with deep blue bruises all over her hands. I lay in bed with my mouth so wide it could be depicted as unhinged. She lifts her hands and stares at them in antipathy. It is unquestionable that this was not made by anything mortal; it looked as if she went over the top with finger painting and dipped her hands in black and blue paint.

I cannot bring the words to my lips; then again I cannot think of anything that I could perhaps say. I feel a lump emerge in my throat. Whether it is me about to burst out in tears because of empathy or because I'm feeling nauseous at the sight of the tremendous bruising remains unanswered.

"Does it hurt?" I finally manage to break the silence without retching or bursting into tears.

"Uhh, ahh, mmm, yes, yes it does..." Her voice drowns out as if she had done something wrong. "But please don't tell the black man..."

The black man? She keeps on talking about this 'being' called the black man, but I cannot understand what she is talking about. Was a (racially) dark skinned man coming to her in her dreams? Or a man dressed in black? Or was it just a shadow? More importantly: IS HE REAL? I start to ponder without realising that I did not reply to poor dear Rosie.

"Okay I won't, now let's get some ice on your hands sweetie." I get up and Rosie and I walk to the kitchen but I still feel the lump in my throat.. Maybe it is instinct? I try to think of a reason for well, everything but my head circles and I cannot come up with a liable answer to all these queries.

******************************************

"Honey something is wrong with Rosie," Jay states in a direct manner, "and you know it."

For the last few weeks filled with paranormal happenings I have tried to convince myself persistently that there is nothing wrong with our Rosie, but upsettingly every time another spectral entity occurs disbelief rains over my attempt at persuading. I think I may give in soon enough but not yet.

"Jay," he looks into my eyes knowing that I am not going to agree with him, and before I can finish off my sentence he starts,

"No. You have told me too many excuses about how nothing is wrong with Rosie..." His tone creeps to the angrier side on the scale. "Oh it's just growing pains, it's okay she's just going through a stage." He mocks to me.

"I don't care what you think about this anymore since it seems you don't seem to care about the wellbeing of our daughter. I am going to take her to a doctor, a psychologist, ANYTHING! As long as these issues discontinue happening because it is hurting our daughter."

Finally I give in to his words, because they are completely true. "Fine, but I don't want Rosie thinking she is abnormal, you know different to all the other kids..."

"Kiarra, our daughter is the most beautiful, understanding girl in the world, she would never think of anything like that..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JUST A REMINDER TO VOTE AND COMMENT ;)