Chapter 3 - As White as Snow

Knock, Knock, Knock.

"Mummy."

"Mummy."

"MUMMY."

"MUMMY!"

The sounds drain into my dream and they suddenly take to me. I immediately awaken.

"Jay!" I pull at the heavy doona draping over us.

"Hun, what?!" he sounds exhausted.

"It's Rosie," I start to freak out suddenly, "she was just screaming..." My whispering is drowned out by Rosie screaming. Jay and I leap out of the king bed as if it is lava, and scramble to the door. Jay swings it open and hurry to Rosie's room, which is wide open. There she is laying on the bed as if she is just staring at the ceiling. I scan the room for anything which could have changed, nothing.

I double take and see that the same picture and frame is upside down. I walk to the other side of the comely room and readjust the portrait and look down at my dainty Rosie and notice something extremely uncomprihensible. Rosie's hands continuously shake in a spectral manner, and not to mention her sudden skin tone was as white as snow. Jay crouches down and runs his hand down her face and she doesn't move a muscle or even batter an eyelash.

"Uhm, Rosie?," Jay hesitates, "What is wrong?"

No reply.

I attempt to grasp one of Rosie's hands in mine, but unsuccessfully I give up in exhaustion after what seems like forever, she suddenly has a supernatural stenght. I gulp as I stare into the twitchy eyes of my -what almost seems deceased- daughter, in fear. What on earth is wrong with her?! Is the only thing passing through my head. Jay captures my eye.

"Wha, What is happening?" I feel uneasy as i continuously stare at what used to be Rosie. My eyes start to hurt and finally Jay replies to my uncertainty.

"Ki, let's go back to back to bed." He says with hurt. I tear my eyes off of our Rosie, if you can even say she is the same Rosie. 'What could have possibly made our pulchritudinous daughter suddenly heinous?' I think to myself as I make my way around the room hurriedly.

I slide my hand into Jay's and we creep out the door and into the hallway. I shut the door in silence as we pace back to our room. I slowly make my way to our large bed and try to settle as i move under the covers. Jay turns off the light and doesn't say a word to me, he knows that even one word can make matters seem worse.

I close my eyes and dream. I dream of everything being okay. Sadly it is only a dream.