Chapter One.

I'ts finally the day that I've been waiting for. Today I'm flying to London to my new job as One Direction's assistant. Yep, you read it right, their assistant, and I couldn't be any more excited.

I was currently putting my final things into my carry on bag for the plane. Including things like my phone, ipad and earphones. If I'm being truthful, I'm fucking terrified about this, obviously I didn't want to let them down, Im only 18 but I haven't exactly had the best 18 years, I only just got this job by the scrape of my teeth, and now I'd got it I wasn't going to fuck it up like I usually did with things.

I'd had a rough childhood, I've grown up in the roughest part of my town, in a dingy old pair of flats, with mould everywhere and rats running around. My mum had died when I was 10 and my dad turned into an alcoholic, and about 2 years ago, he put all his problems on to me, and began beating me on a daily basis. I'd only had a couple of friends over the years, but they'd all come and gone, except for Charley. I'd known Charley since I was about 5, she's been through everything with me, from my mum dying to the beating and the bullying at school, and I couldn't ask for a better bestfriend.

Charley was taking me to the airport today and it was now half ten in the morning, and my plane was at half twelve, and it took half an hour to get to the airport, so we decided to set off now, even if it is early.

We got to the airport and as I got checked in and I was about to go into the departures lounge, I started welling up, and Charley noticed.

"Oh don't cry now, or you'll make me cry," she said, starting to do the same "now don't forget to call me as soon as you can when you get there...just cause you're going away doesn't mean we'll stop seeing each other, does it?" she said, her eyes filling up with tears that she wiped off with her jumper.

"What?! You actually think that?" I was shocked by her question.

"Well it's a new job and you'll be away a lot and you'll be super busy so you might not have time to talk-"

"Charley, you've helped me through all the shit I've been through and you think just cause I get a new job that I'm not going to talk to you, C, I'll be calling so much you'll get tired of hearing my voice" I laughed.

"Okay okay, now your flight leaves soon you better go" she laughed.

We hugged, and in a way I didn't want to let go, probably because I was so afraid, but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I had to do it. We came out the hug, both of us crying, exchanged love you's like we always did when we left each other, and I went into the departure lounge, waving to Charley.

Fifteen minutes later and I was on the plane to London and I was flying from Manchester, so it didn't take long. I got to the arrivals lounge after getting my bags and looked around, then I saw what looked like an driver man with a piece of card with my name on it and walked over to him.

"Hi" I smiled at the man.

"I'm guessing you must be Gabriella-Breeze?" he asked.

"Yep that's me" I laughed.

"Well, I'm here to take you to your new job. Ready?" he laughed with me.

"Ready as I'll ever be I guess" I sighed, then following the man out of the airport and out to the car and getting in after putting my bags in the trunk.