[one]

Cecily Swan did not act like a part of the Swan family. Or generation at all, really. She was outgoing, smooth and charming. Not really awkward at all.  She was the coolest Swan, or at least that's what she thought. 

The raindrops traveled along the window's of Charlie's cruiser as Cecily smiled at the sight of Forks. It wasn't any different as it had been last summer, still small and quiet. There was still rain, and there was still vibrant greenery. She looked in the front seat. Her cousin Bella was fighting to escape a rather awkward conversation with her father, making Cecily giggle quietly. 

"So Uncle Charlie, we start school tomorrow, right?" Cecily asked, picking at her blossom pink nail polish. "Uh, yeah. Administration wants you to pick up your schedules in the office before class." He answered gruffly, turning into the driveway of the familiar white house. Cecily nodded and got out, grabbing her suitcases. She wouldn't be in any of Bella's classes given the fact that she was older than her, which made her worry because Bella wasnt great at getting out there and making friends. 

Bella was rather awkward and shy, which contrasted greatly against Cecily's personality. Bella looked up to her and usually asked for her advice in certain life situations, like dating and friend group advice. Cecily had good advice most the time. 

Cecily collapsed on her old bed, smiling. Her covers were the same royal blue she'd loved as a kid. Her black wood dresser still stood in the room, and her computer desk was still as neat as ever. She loved her room at Charlie's house. It was a lot more comfy and small then her room with Renee, but she loved them about the same. Cecily reached down off the edge of her bed and grabbed the framed picture she wedged between two of her pairs of jeans.

It was a photo of her ex girlfriend, Ashlee Whitmore, holding her waist and smiling widely. Cecily knew she was gay as soon as she laid eyes on Ashlee in 8th grade. Ashlee had just moved to Phoenix and was wearing grey athletic shorts, a cute black tanktop, and her thick blonde hair in a ponytail. She had a million dollar smile, gorgeous blue eyes, and an obvious favor over girls. The way she stared at Cecily's body was almost like she wasnt trying to hide it. 

Soon enough, Cecily realized she wasnt. 

They were together for two years. But things had to change as soon as Cecily decided to go back to Forks to live with her uncle. It was heartbreaking to hear Ashlee say, "I cant stay away from you for more than a day. How am I gonna cope without you?" 

So Cecily did the best she could do. 

Forks would be good for her. She knew it would. 

And a certain blonde at the Cullen household would make sure of that.