The Surprise

(This is new so let me know what you think and all that jazz. I have no warnings, the content in this segment is 100% clean and fluffy. Hope you like it! 🍕)

Mephisto was nervous, he couldn't deny it. One of his worst enemies and love interest was going to meet him under the moon.

"What is all this for?" Praxina scoffed at the vase with blue flowers and picnic-like arrangement. "Go away, Prax!" Mephisto whined and adjusted the teal blanket on the stone floor. "Seriously, I need to know, Mephisto. I'm your sister, this is my job." She put a hand on her hip and answered. "I'll tell you later..." Her brother replied reluctantly, "Just go to sleep." "Fine. Be that way, brother." Praxina grunted and strolled away.

She's gone...he sighed gratefully. It wasn't normal for Mephisto to be so secretive around his sister, but he felt like it was for the best. "Is she coming? Do I look okay?" He asked and stared at the beaming moon. "It's probably fine, I'll just eat the pizza myself." Mephisto frowned and sat down alone.

Almost on cue, a burst of bright blue sparkles covered the blood redhead's vision a few seconds later. After that, Talia made her appearance; blue hair and everything. "Mephisto?" She gazed at him. "Is this supposed to be for me?" The princess asked and admired the display.

Mephisto slowly turned around and stared at Talia in awe. "Y-yeah..." He stammered awkward and modestly. "I didn't expect this." She confessed and sat beside him. "Well, uh, I just sort of-" "I appreciate it." Talia interrupted politely. "Wanna slice of pizza?" He took out a pizza box and offered a slice of cheese. "Do you have any pineapple? It's kinda my favorite type," she asked. "Conveniently I do!" Mephisto answered and took out a box with a pineapple pizza inside. "Weird, I didn't think convenient was in your vocabulary." Talia remarked. "Oh really?" He retorted. "Yeah." She commented with a (sort of) mouthful of pizza. "What are you gonna do about it?" The Xerisian continued on playfully. "This." Mephisto teased.

He wrapped an arm around the princess and kissed her lips softly. "Whum?" The princess raised her eyebrows in confusion. Mephisto pulled away temporarily and then asked: "Can we keep this a secret?"

Her cheeks darkened to the shade of garnet red as she nodded shyly and took another bite of her pizza slice. "I've always sort of liked you, Talia, and  I don't want anything to get in the way." The spellcaster explained; feeling his own cheeks flushing pink. "I...understand. Kind of." She replied with a wink. "Can I wrap my arm around you again?" He asked. "Sure. But I'll have to go soon, so the girls don't know." Talia scratched her knee. "Praxina has no idea." Mephisto whispered cockily. "That's good. Aren't you going to have any?" She wagged a slice of cheese pizza slightly in his face. "I think I want a piece of yours instead." He nibbled on her slice flirtatiously. "This has been...a really fun surprise, Mephisto. But I desperately have to go." Talia stood up and took out her wand from Xeris. "You're not gonna use that thing on me, are you? Mephisto shuddered. "No, no. I'm just going to use it to get home." The Xerisian replied. "Can I at least give you something before you go?" He asked. "What?"

Before she disappeared into a batch of bright blue sparkles again, he kissed her hand and on the lips one last time. "Bye..." They whispered to each other. The words I really want to be with you were on top of Mephisto's tongue, but he let them fade as he ecstatically rushes into the cave.