Debate Club

Before she heard about the educational clubs open at the club fair at the local school, Talia insisted on not going. It was the day before the event during lunch period, and her friends were trying to convince her to attend.

"Come on Talia! It'll be fun! There's going to be a dance club, and a show choir, and a-" Aurianna monologued excitedly. Talia rolled her eyes and continued reading her spell book, The Art of Rays. "Aurianna's right, there are going to be so many clubs open to you and fun stuff. You won't know if you don't go." Iris added. "Fine. I was going to study for our big sociology test, but I guess I'm going now." Talia reluctantly muttered. "This is going to be so much fun!" The Voltan girl squealed as they took out their lunchboxes. "The twins are coming at 12 o'clock." Iris groaned plainly.

Praxina smirked at the three as Mephisto rushed to stand next to her. "I don't know about you losers, but brother and I are joining debate club this year." She announced proudly. "I don't really see how that would affect us Praxina." Iris replied bluntly as Aurianna nodded. Mephisto shrugged and added on shyly, "I was kinda thinking about joining Sunny Bay's poetry club..."

Talia randomly blushed at the idea, since she loved poetry so much. The Princess of Xeris was considering actually joining a club knowing there was one for poetry lovers like her. "Wait, you're not really going, are you Mephisto?" Her blonde friend stifled a giggle. "I'm thinking about it..." He mumbled bashfully. "He's lying, we have to go sign up for debate club." His twin sister hissed and dragged him away from the girls' table.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say he has a crush on you, Talia!" Aurianna squealed ecstatically. "Don't say that so loud." Her brunette friend whispered and swirled her fork around in a thermos of spaghetti with pesto sauce and chicken. "Mephisto? As if. Besides, we're supposed to be enemies." She argued calmly. "Well he did blush a little when he saw you. I noticed it." Iris countered with a wink. "What do you guys have for lunch?" Talia changed the subject impulsively. "Oh, aunt Ellen packed-" "You should join poetry club if he's gonna be there!" Aurianna interrupted with enthusiasm. "Absolutely not." Talia objected. "I think debate club is more my style." She smirked. "Why? Wait-I get it now!" "The first meeting is in ten minutes, let's go!" Iris stared at the clock and packed up her stuff. "I have to go to the bathroom..." Talia crossed her legs and pretended to panic. "We'll meet you there then," Aurianna muttered.

— — —

Mephisto was in the classroom where the debate club meeting was being held with his sister and a few others, but he didn't see Talia come in with Iris and Aurianna. "Where's Talia?" He whispered to Praxina. "Why do you care?" She retorted and picked at a fingernail. "No reason." The young sorcerer murmured. I think I know where she is... Mephisto thought to himself. "I think I'm gonna go to the bathroom, Prax." He told his sister. "In that case, don't take forever." Praxina grumbled.

— —

Talia and the girls have only been at Sunny Bay Academy for so long, so she didn't know where the nearest girl's bathroom was. "Hi, are you lost?" A friendly purple-haired guy with blue eyes and a dragon tattoo on his hand asked. "Yeah, I was looking for the nearest girl's...bathroom." She stammered awkwardly. "I know where it is, I can walk you there if you want. I'm Jonathan Hansen." He held out his hand. "This is the part where you shake my hand." Jonathan whispered jokingly. "Oh. Right...sorry about that." Talia replied and shook his hand. "It's the door to the right of right here." Jonathan pointed to the door. "Thanks Jonathan!" Talia smiled brightly.

Unfortunately Mephisto got enraged seeing Talia with another teenager, so his reaction was naturally fitting...he slammed the purple-haired boy into the lockers and almost punched him right in the nose. "No one makes moves on my girl but me." The young dark sorcerer growled and ground his teeth against each other. "I—I'm sorry man! I-I-" "Mephisto! Stop!" The princess snarled and pulled out her wand. "We are just friends. And I'm not property of anyone as far as I'm concerned." Talia hissed and smacked him on the arm. "But what about last night? I-I-I-" Mephisto stammered. "Let him go, and I'll forget this ever happened." The princess demanded. "Please, I-I was just..." Jonathan begged helplessly. "You're lucky I'm not in an evil mood today." The dark sorcerer groaned and strolled aside as Jonathan scrambled away.

He laughed at the rushing senior until Talia slapped his face. "What is wrong with you?!" She murmured irritably before grabbing his face and pressing his lips onto hers. "You're cute when you're mad." Mephisto mumbled with a hazy grin. "I can't stand you..." The princess muttered before the dark sorcerer gave her a chaste kiss on the lips and nipped at her bottom lip.

"Are we still going to debate club princess?" He asked innocently and strolled out the hallway with an arm wrapped around her waist. "It's probably over anyway." She smirked and laid her head on his shoulder as they walked.